I thought about starting a (short) career as a vampire. Two questions:
1.: Will it have permanent negative effects on me and my 'social'
status, like having an unpayable (~10^9?) price on my head or being
expelled from all of my guilds?
2.: I took a look with the editor, and there seem to be some characters
(like Skink) which have special vampire-topics. But how can I reach
them/talk to them when I am attacked by every guard as soon as I enter a
city?
3.: How can I enter one o the clans? Is being in a clan determined by
which vampire (in what region) bit me? Or can I enter there 'clubhouse'
without being attake and regularly join them?
4.: Do I have to kill people in order to stay alive (well - undead),
like when I am a Werewolf (so I read)?

"Tobias Küster" <tobias.kuester@t-online.de> wrote in message
> I thought about starting a (short) career as a vampire. Two questions:
> 1.: Will it have permanent negative effects on me and my 'social'
> status, like having an unpayable (~10^9?) price on my head or being
> expelled from all of my guilds?

permanent fire weakness(including sunlight)
no health gain with sleep
better durability (stats increase like strength and acrobatics and such)
all of these are as long as you are a vampire ;)

> 2.: I took a look with the editor, and there seem to be some characters
> (like Skink) which have special vampire-topics. But how can I reach
> them/talk to them when I am attacked by every guard as soon as I enter a
> city?

a lot of people talk tough but fear vampires enough to stay away

> 3.: How can I enter one o the clans? Is being in a clan determined by
> which vampire (in what region) bit me? Or can I enter there 'clubhouse'
> without being attake and regularly join them?

do your homework. three clans, each with skills that would benefit a certain
class
get bit by one of the clans vampires (message saying you contracted
polymorphic hemophelia(sp?))
don't take any cure potions or shrine purifications for three days and
nights

> 4.: Do I have to kill people in order to stay alive (well - undead),
> like when I am a Werewolf (so I read)?

you have to feed(vampire touch spell) to regain heath. not necessarily kill,
but killing as a vampire isn't TOO bad, as long as its someone no one will
miss :)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:33:15 +0200, Tobias Küster
<tobias.kuester@t-online.de> wrote:

> I thought about starting a (short) career as a vampire. Two questions:
> 1.: Will it have permanent negative effects on me and my 'social'
> status, like having an unpayable (~10^9?) price on my head or being
> expelled from all of my guilds?

Most people won't do business with you as long as you are a vampire.
There won't be any price on your head and no guard will attack you simply
for being a vampire. Concerning "social status": Don't expect people to
rejoyce for meeting a vampire. Most of them will be too frightened to
do anything.

> 2.: I took a look with the editor, and there seem to be some characters
> (like Skink) which have special vampire-topics. But how can I reach
> them/talk to them when I am attacked by every guard as soon as I enter a
> city?

As said before: The Guards won't attack you for being a vampire. I've tried
that with a level 1 character who could easily have been killed by any
guard, but all they did was to say "Go away!"

> 3.: How can I enter one o the clans? Is being in a clan determined by
> which vampire (in what region) bit me? Or can I enter there 'clubhouse'
> without being attake and regularly join them?

Well, you become a vampire the classic way: Run into a vampire, get bitten
and contract the disease "Porphyric Hemophilia" leading to vampirism.
When you are infected, wait for three days. If you wish to join a specific
clan, you have to be bitten by a memver of that clan. To meet the "right"
vampire, it is best to enter their "clubhouse" as you call it.
- The Aundae lair is in Ashmelech which lies on an island between Dagon
Fel
and Ebernanit. You can see the island and even the entrance on your game
map. It is the big island between the Velothi Tower in southwestern
Dagon
Fel and Valenvaryon.
- The Berne are located in Galom Daeus, which is a Dwemer ruin west of
Uvirith's Grave. Look on your map, Molag Amur region and find Uvirith's
Grave north of the Erabenimsun Camp. West of it you can see two Dwemer
Ruins. The southern one is Galom Daeus.
- The Quarra dwell in Druscashti which also is a Dwemer ruin. It is
located in northwestern Morrowind, southwest of the Urshilaku Camp.
There are two Dwemer Fortresses built into the mountains slopes of the
Foyada Bani-dad. I'm not sure, but I think that Druscashti is the
northern one.
Be sure not to kill anyone within the vampire headquarter you wish to join.
You might need that person afterwards.
Of course you can contract Porphyric Hemophilia from any vampire, but you
won't know which clan will be your new family until it is too late.

> 4.: Do I have to kill people in order to stay alive (well - undead),
> like when I am a Werewolf (so I read)?

No. You have to feed on other creatures' health since sleeping won't
restore your health anymore. But neither does it have to be human blood
(or elven, orcish, whatever) nor do you have to kill the creature.
When you have advanced a bit within the clan you may also feed on the
cattle.

Bjoern