Canon IP5000 or IP8500? - page 2

    No use confusing him with the facts, Bill, he has already made up his mind.
    Hard to believe that this guy claims to have an MBA from Stanford.

    Bill wrote:

    >>>I don't believe Canon manufactures nor formulates ink.
    >>>
    >>>You do realize there are only a few ink manufacturers, and all of the
    >>>big printer companies buy from them, including Canon, Epson, HP, and
    >>>Lexmark.
    >>>

    >>Canon designed and formulated their ink, their paper and their printer
    >>to all work together. Even the majority of the members of the
    >>AFTERMARKET club will not deny that. And the same goes for Epson and Canon.
    >>

    >I wasn't aware of such a club...
    >
    >But yes, they're intended to work together just like the other printer
    >brands. And there are numerous combinations that work just as well, even
    >when mixing and matching different brands.
    >
    >Which just goes to show that ink, paper, and printers are not magical
    >items with mythical properties that only Canon can replicate.

    >>>Have you purchased from them and not been satisfied with their products?
    >>>
    >>>If so, please elaborate.
    >>>

    >I noticed you avoided answering this part...

    alotofcrap's products are not the issue. the unprofessional
    organization, and their presale customer lack of service is.

    Bill - Measekite is pissed off because he tried to give them some
    unsolicited "constructive advice" about how they run their business and
    apparently he didn't like their reply. So far he has not shared the actual
    response with us on the NG so we are left with his description of their
    email as unprofessional and poor customer relations. To be perfectly fair
    he should share both his email to them and their response to him with us and
    let us judge for ourselves. Personally, if someone, out of the blue, sent
    me emails telling me how to run my business I'd give them the highway sign!

    >>>I don't believe Canon manufactures nor formulates ink.
    >>>
    >>>You do realize there are only a few ink manufacturers, and all of the
    >>>big printer companies buy from them, including Canon, Epson, HP, and
    >>>Lexmark.
    >>
    >>Canon designed and formulated their ink, their paper and their printer
    >>to all work together. Even the majority of the members of the
    >>AFTERMARKET club will not deny that. And the same goes for Epson and
    >>Canon.
    >
    > I wasn't aware of such a club...
    >
    > But yes, they're intended to work together just like the other printer
    > brands. And there are numerous combinations that work just as well, even
    > when mixing and matching different brands.
    >
    > Which just goes to show that ink, paper, and printers are not magical
    > items with mythical properties that only Canon can replicate.

    >>>Have you purchased from them and not been satisfied with their products?
    >>>
    >>>If so, please elaborate.
    >
    > I noticed you avoided answering this part...

    We've been through the whys of companies advertising or exposing the
    brands of the inks. Some may be able to do so, and some simply cannot
    for legal or business reasons.

    I leave it to individuals to decide if refilling is worthwhile for them
    or not.

    This is just not as "black or white" as some have portrayed it.

    I always suggest people considering their first time use of 3rd party
    inks try to get reliable information about vendors before making a
    decision, and look for vendors which offer some type of warranty.

    Like everything in life, one needs to weight the risk benefit ratio and
    make a decision that is meaningful individually.

    Art

    measekite wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> Firstly, it can be much more than "a few dollars more", it can be
    >> orders of magnitude differences, secondly, some people fine refilinmg
    >> easy, if they have worked out the methods.
    >

    > Lastly does make sense to me but you can have about the same freedom if
    > you can find BRANDED aftermarket prefilled carts.
    >
    >> Lastly, for hardcore users, they feel having inexpensive inks for
    >> frees them financially and creatively from not having to worry about
    >> the amount of ink costs a print might have used.
    >>
    >> Art

Printers Canon Peripherals