Security settings lost in AD

Neal

We are granting the 'Send As' permission in the AD to some users. To do
this, we find a user, go to the security tab and ADD the user who needs the
permission and tick Send As and click on OK.

The problem is, that the setting might still be there the next day, week or
month, but it will eventually vanish and we have to put it back again.

The first time we did this, the setting stayed for about two months. Then
users complained they could no longer send as. We set it up again, and this
time they complained that two days later it was gone. We set it up again,
and it stayed OK for about six months! During that time the server has been
rebooted, updates applied etc.

Now we've done it all over again. I set them up last night, this morning
they are gone again. The users have gone from the list and have to be added
again and Send As ticked again.

Windows 2003 (not SP1) all hotfixes.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Neal

Hi Neal

Look for Event ID: 642 using the eventcomb tool. you can download it here.
once you know whow it is being change we can take it from there.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en