Security

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Good morning everyone

How do i stop users creating folders within a directory but at the same time
still allowing them to modify files??

Thanks

Simon

the permisison should be set on the share. allow users to change, creator
owner right kicks in from there..

"Simon" wrote:

> Good morning everyone
>
> How do i stop users creating folders within a directory but at the same time
> still allowing them to modify files??
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Not exactly sure what you mean.

The group (where the users reside) has change permission on the share.

The security on the folder has modify permissions checked. Within the
advanced tab i have denied the 'create folder/amend data' to the group. The
problem is that if user tries to edit someone elses work (which they do need
to do) it will not let them modify it. How can i get around this but still
deny them access to create new folders???

Simon

"The AD Designer" wrote:

> the permisison should be set on the share. allow users to change, creator
> owner right kicks in from there..
>
> "Simon" wrote:
>
> > Good morning everyone
> >
> > How do i stop users creating folders within a directory but at the same time
> > still allowing them to modify files??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Simon

Simon explained on 8/06/2005 :
> Good morning everyone
>
> How do i stop users creating folders within a directory but at the same time
> still allowing them to modify files??
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

assign the permission "create folder" denied "on this folder only" on
the share root

grtz

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Now i'm confused as my question was to do with files and folders not outlook
express!!!