License Logging Service

Since we applied MS05-024 on our DCs, the LLS doesn't start properly.
When I disable the service completely, I'll find millions of events on all
other servers telling me, that the service doesn't run.
That is something I don't want, of course.
So, has anybody an idea of how to solve that problem?
Do I need to uninstall the security patch?
What does the content of that patch has to do with the LLS?

thanks for your support
ithola

you need to define your license server via sites and services.

"ithola" wrote:

> Since we applied MS05-024 on our DCs, the LLS doesn't start properly.
> When I disable the service completely, I'll find millions of events on all
> other servers telling me, that the service doesn't run.
> That is something I don't want, of course.
> So, has anybody an idea of how to solve that problem?
> Do I need to uninstall the security patch?
> What does the content of that patch has to do with the LLS?
>
> thanks for your support
> ithola

That is defined and has always been...
In our site are 2 domains:
the forest root domain, which is "empty" and the domain with the DCs, that
have the trouble.
Defined as license server for the site is one of the forest root DCs.

ithola

"ithola" wrote:
> Since we applied MS05-024 on our DCs, the LLS doesn't start
> properly.
> When I disable the service completely, I'll find millions of
> events on all
> other servers telling me, that the service doesn't run.
> That is something I don't want, of course.
> So, has anybody an idea of how to solve that problem?
> Do I need to uninstall the security patch?
> What does the content of that patch has to do with the LLS?
>
> thanks for your support
> ithola

Hi,

I found issues with this. I do my licensing manually now. I disabled
the Licensing Service in GP for all my Servers/DC’s as there were just
too many issues with it.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-License-Logging-Service-ftopict544046.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1720711

Hello Lara !
Thanks a lot for your answer! Although I don't really understand how that
security patch affected the LLS, it is nevertheless obvious that this service
is very liable to be affected.
So, I may do the same as you did and disable it ...

regards
ithola