Sign in with
Your question

Intel Working From Bomb Shelters

Last response: in CPUs
July 18, 2006 7:54:50 AM

Thought this was an interesting article.... and a real shame that this region of the world cannot stay stable.... but none the less, an interesting article.

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/QuoteCompanyNewsArticle...
July 18, 2006 8:11:36 AM

Yes, it's sad.... I just hope it doesn't escalate.... it's a minority that are causing the problems.... most of these people just want to have a good safe life, and support a family.... but then there are those who will not let that happen. The bad thing is, if we were to sit by and do nothing, then it would be carnage.... at the same time if we (the US) tries to help, it will just cause other problems.... but I think the lesser of two evils is doing what is right, even though the consequences are less than desirable.
July 18, 2006 8:55:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, it's sad.... I just hope it doesn't escalate.... it's a minority that are causing the problems.... most of these people just want to have a good safe life, and support a family.... but then there are those who will not let that happen. The bad thing is, if we were to sit by and do nothing, then it would be carnage.... at the same time if we (the US) tries to help, it will just cause other problems.... but I think the lesser of two evils is doing what is right, even though the consequences are less than desirable.

It is too bad. Haifa was a fun town to visit. Lots of friendly, helpful people and some outstanding clubs.

On a brighter note, I wouldn’t worry terribly or expect the US to get involved in hostilities. The Israelis have a history of defending themselves quite successfully without US military intervention. I would expect that if there were any intervention on the U.S.'s part, it would be in the form of negotiating a cease fire/peace settlement

Peace
Related resources
July 18, 2006 11:51:57 AM

Quote:
Thought this was an interesting article.... and a real shame that this region of the world cannot stay stable.... but none the less, an interesting article.

Isn't this sad .... some great minds did a great job working to bring forward a really great product. (AMD will do the same and I would be just as worried :)  if the situation were there). Imagine the waste if one or more of those designers were killed in an attack.

I just wished it all would stop.What's a shame, is if these poor workers are expected to report to work...even though doing so could cost them their lives. No job is worth your life. They may be safe working away in the bomb shelter, but they have to leave sometime...don't they? I have to question Intels thinking as to building plants in dangerous areas like these..Yes the people deserve to have good jobs available, but the middle east has been in a turmoil for decades.
July 18, 2006 12:48:52 PM

Quote:

Isn't this sad .... some great minds did a great job working to bring forward a really great product. (AMD will do the same and I would be just as worried :)  if the situation were there). Imagine the waste if one or more of those designers were killed in an attack.

I just wished it all would stop.What's a shame, is if these poor workers are expected to report to work...even though doing so could cost them their lives. No job is worth your life. They may be safe working away in the bomb shelter, but they have to leave sometime...don't they? I have to question Intels thinking as to building plants in dangerous areas like these..Yes the people deserve to have good jobs available, but the middle east has been in a turmoil for decades.

LOL dumb stupid arabs, i thought religion was ment to bring peace and al that rubbish wiv god or allah and all that, all it does s creates wars.True, more wars have been over religion than anything else. Doesn't really seem that they are following the "love thy neighbour" too well, does it? :wink:
July 18, 2006 12:50:51 PM

Wow thats crazy. All i know is i dont want my chip coming from there.
July 18, 2006 12:53:45 PM

Quote:
Wow thats crazy. All i know is i dont want my chip coming from there.
How many people can say that their processor was designed in a bomb shelter, during a war? I guess they aren't using Prescott's down there, or they'd roast. :lol: 
July 18, 2006 1:00:59 PM

Quote:
The Israelis have a history of defending themselves quite successfully without US military intervention.

Uh yeah. Because the US gave them all their military hardware. Without the US, there wouldn't be an Israel. Kinda like most of Europe....
July 18, 2006 1:01:40 PM

Well the war endangers them whether at work or not. So if war is in the region, and bombs are falling, what better place to be but in a bomb shelter to begin with.
July 18, 2006 1:11:35 PM

Quote:
The Israelis have a history of defending themselves quite successfully without US military intervention.

Uh yeah. Because the US gave them all their military hardware. Without the US, there wouldn't be an Israel. Kinda like most of Europe....

O yer lol as well you should heard tony blair the other day he was like "We cant just sit back and let this happen" its got fuck all to do with him he needs to but out
July 18, 2006 1:55:50 PM

Quote:
not when there are british citizens or other nationals who need rescuing. oh and lets be honest the reason this all started was israel was looking to seize more land to setttle in what with the iternational pressure about the palestines.

oh and europe can take care of itself as it has been doing for over a millenia unlike some countries which aren't that old.

see, i knew this would turn political and i suggest an end to this even though i am a hypocrite what with my political comments.

British citezens chose to live over there because of some dumb reason, its thier choice, not Tony Blairs, he needs to stop involving use in wars we shoudlnt be in, take iraq or afganistan for instance, :x
July 18, 2006 2:01:34 PM

Quote:
the middle east has been in a turmoil for decades.

Multiply by 100 for a more accurate time estimate.
July 18, 2006 2:05:14 PM

Quote:
LOL dumb stupid arabs, i thought religion was ment to bring peace and al that rubbish wiv god or allah and all that, all it does s creates wars.
True, more wars have been over religion than anything else. Doesn't really seem that they are following the "love thy neighbour" too well, does it? :wink:

It's not the fault of the Arabs nor the Jews. It's all caused by the high magnetic flux gradient. OK, and religion too.
July 18, 2006 2:24:11 PM

Quote:
what about the tourists. should they be punished cause they want a bit of sunshine.

I didnt know you could actualy get holidays over there, what do they advertise, "come and take in the destroyed sun drenched buildings whilst listenin to the sweet sound of ak-47's fireing into flesh". Anyone who goes to some sort of "normal" holiday over there is compoletly out of their mind and you cant say they didnt know about the chrisis becauses thats just plane stupid
July 18, 2006 2:27:31 PM

They may have family over there or could be away at college...
Yes, people still visit Israel for many valid reasons, that is not the point.
July 18, 2006 2:28:43 PM

Quote:
They may have family over there or could be away at college...
Yes, people still visit Israel for many valid reasons, that is not the point.

I doubt anybody goes to isreal just for college, maybe family
July 18, 2006 3:00:05 PM

Quote:
the middle east has been in a turmoil for decades.

Multiply by 100 for a more accurate time estimate.

You beat me to it, first time I could get on since I responded to Jack. But at least I have some internet access..... albeit slow. :roll:
July 18, 2006 3:39:21 PM

Quote:
not when there are british citizens or other nationals who need rescuing. oh and lets be honest the reason this all started was israel was looking to seize more land to setttle in what with the iternational pressure about the palestines.

oh and europe can take care of itself as it has been doing for over a millenia unlike some countries which aren't that old.

see, i knew this would turn political and i suggest an end to this even though i am a hypocrite what with my political comments.

Sorry, but you're horribly misinformed. First, Israel pulled out of those disputed areas last year with the understanding that the Palestenians would abide by their cease fire agreement...which they obviously haven't. This recent incident started when two Israelie soldiers were kidnapped.

But, it goes way deeper than that. This conflict is the result of a religious war that goes back to Isaac and Ishmael(Abraham's sons). Google it, it'll open your eyes.

Regarding Europe taking care of itself...need I remind you of WWI, WWII and the cold war? Who was it that came to the rescue of Europe? Again, Google it if you don't already know...
July 18, 2006 3:42:25 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but you're horribly misinformed. First, Israel pulled out of those disputed areas last year with the understanding that the Palestenians would abide by their cease fire agreement...which they obviously haven't. This recent incident started when two Israelie soldiers were kidnapped.

But, it goes way deeper than that. This conflict is the result of a religious war that goes back to Isaac and Ishmael(Abraham's sons). Google it, it'll open your eyes.

Regarding Europe taking care of itself...need I remind you of WWI, WWII and the cold war? Who was it that came to the rescue of Europe? Again, Google it if you don't already know...

And i think if i remeber from history classes the USA only got invloved because japan bombed pearl harbor, so dont think as yourselves as heros, you are more like cowards for not getting involved when we orginaly asked.

And i think you are mistaked, the coldwar was between Russia and The Usa, thats nothing to do with europe.
July 18, 2006 3:42:44 PM

The German in me spurs me on :twisted: ... the French in me unfurls a white flag :cry: 
July 18, 2006 3:44:45 PM

Intel’s the bomb! Sorry could not resist.

If I buy an extreme version of their CPU do I get a free seat in the shelter? Honestly what are we paying for?

Do you think Intel is scared of AMD's response to conroe and needs a bomb shelter?
July 18, 2006 3:46:06 PM

Quote:
Intel’s the bomb! Sorry could not resist.

If I buy an extreme version of their CPU do I get a free seat in the shelter? Honestly what are we paying for?

Do you think Intel is scared of AMD's response to conroe and needs a bomb shelter?

LOL yer amd could make an exploding bomb out of K8's, like a nail bomb :x
July 18, 2006 3:57:52 PM

Quote:

And i think if i remeber from history classes the USA only got invloved because japan bombed pearl harbor, so dont think as yourselves as heros, you are more like cowards for not getting involved when we orginaly asked.

And i think you are mistaked, the coldwar was between Russia and The Usa, thats nothing to do with europe.

Oh, I see, so when the US get's involved in foreign conflicts, it's abusing it's powers and meddling, but when it minds it's own business, it's a coward. You're funny.

I'll spell it out for you:

1) If the Nazi's won WWI or WWII, you would be speaking German right now.
2) If the USSR won the cold war, you would be speaking Russian right now.

Please do some research into world history.
July 18, 2006 4:01:24 PM

Quote:

Oh, I see, so when the US get's involved in foreign conflicts, it's abusing it's powers, but when it minds it's own business, it's a coward. You're funny.

I'll spell it out for your:

The USA was asked to help in world war 2 and it deniyed, so yes that is cowardism, and when it went and faithlessly attacked iraq it was abusin its powers becuase there was no war and they decided to create one.

And the cold war was NOT a war, nobody was injured, it was merly Russia and USA having a little fight saying "my nuke is more powerfull than yours" no one won it or lost it becuase it wasnt a proper war.

And i might just add alos that there was no such things as "nazi's" in world war 1, so get your facts right
July 18, 2006 4:02:29 PM

Next time Intel should build fabs/research facilities on a volcanic island.
Stupid Intel for building there.
July 18, 2006 4:10:59 PM

Quote:
Next time Intel should build fabs/research facilities on a volcanic island.
Stupid Intel for building there.

Yes with all the instability all over the world its hard to imagine companies are more comfortable paying less with an unsure result then paying more for more predictible results... India is trying to start WWIII and still they keep building the call centers there lol Oh well some people have to learn the hard way :) 
July 18, 2006 4:15:43 PM

Quote:
India is full o nigaz

Please keep the ghetto talk out of these forumz... They do nothing but stir the pot.
July 18, 2006 4:24:06 PM

I was not going to post, but there's a lot of crap being written here.

First of all, the cold war was a war (have you heard about Vietnam, Cambodjia, Angola, Afeghanistan, Korea, Moçambique and many more?), with many conflicts, that did not have an open participation form neither the USSR or the USA.

Second, if it weren't for the US and USSR, the Germans would've won the WW2 (the WW1 was won by the British and French and over 50 million of people died on it).

Third, the Middle East has been a turmoiled place for over 6 thousand years...Do you truly believe it will end now or ever? Since civilization began there, they have fought each other.

Fourth, there are a lot of people that visit Israel and the Palestina, as there are located sacred places for Christians, Jews and Muslins, also, there are a lot of ancient ruins to be seen.

Fifth, this war is not because of the rescue of the soldiers, it's much more deeper. Before their kidnapping, only the Israelis' army did kidnapp members of the Hamas or Hezbolah, but now their using the Israelis' tactics...If you loose the tactical uphand, you loose the war, so Israel is taking the war away from their lands (and expect them to attack Siria soon too).

Sixth (and this is on the Palestinian late stuff), democratic elections went on in Palestina and Hamas won those elections, since then Israel has been doing all it can to destroy their country...bombing, kidnapping politicians, killings, among other actions, so don't think Israel is a victim cause it's not.

Seventh and last of all, even tough I'm british, the worst thing Britain could have done (besides all the shit they've done during their 300 year empire) was to create Israel in middle-east...they could have created Israel maybe (with the help of the US) in the state of Washington or Nebraska... :p 
July 18, 2006 4:32:58 PM

Quote:

British citezens chose to live over there because of some dumb reason, its thier choice, not Tony Blairs, he needs to stop involving use in wars we shoudlnt be in, take iraq or afganistan for instance, :x

I suppose the bombings in British subways were no reasons to get involved. :roll:
July 18, 2006 4:45:13 PM

Quote:

Oh, I see, so when the US get's involved in foreign conflicts, it's abusing it's powers, but when it minds it's own business, it's a coward. You're funny.

I'll spell it out for your:

The USA was asked to help in world war 2 and it deniyed, so yes that is cowardism, and when it went and faithlessly attacked iraq it was abusin its powers becuase there was no war and they decided to create one.

And the cold war was NOT a war, nobody was injured, it was merly Russia and USA having a little fight saying "my nuke is more powerfull than yours" no one won it or lost it becuase it wasnt a proper war.

And i might just add alos that there was no such things as "nazi's" in world war 1, so get your facts right

The US was also asked to help in WWII and DID help (who do you think supplied the UK with a lot of war materials?). The US was publically supporting UK and France with public collection programs as early as the end of 1939. The US began drafting people (and training them) in 1940 in anticipation of joining the war. The US occupied Greenland and Iceland in early 1941. The US also froze German assets in 1941. FDR placed Naval units in quite a few strategic locations with an order of shoot to destroy if threatened. In November, the US gave free materials (i.e., no repayment needed) to its allies. And this is only what is public knowledge!

THEN Pearl Harbor happened.

Actual people from the US (read here as soldiers) weren't actually deployed for awhile, but it would be a gross misunderstanding of World History to say that the US was not involved in WWII and was asked to help, but refused.

With such a blind eye to History, it's pretty evident why you make your claim about the Iraq War.
July 18, 2006 4:49:03 PM

Well I guess this is how you feel, but I, and I'm sure many others, wouldn't want an attack like this to ever happen and I would want the responsible party who planned the attacks to be held accountable. Just because it was suspected to happen doesn’t make it right when it does.

ADD: I can understand why other countries don't want to fight the war in Iraq. The US went in without UN support and basically made this war its own. If other countries want to help that's fine but they aren't expected to. I will not dispute whether this is right or wrong as this is still up for debate and is opinionated.

As far as the war in Afghanistan, that is not a war against the country or its government, but a war against the terrorist that reside there. It’s rugged landscaped makes it a key area for terrorist to hide so troops have been sent there to hunt them down. Since terrorists have made it clear that they wish to destroy western civilization, all of Europe and North America should take part in this cause IMO.
July 18, 2006 4:49:20 PM

Quote:

Frist, yes, the US was asked for help because Eurpoe couldn't handle it's own affairs as some here would lead you to believe otherwise. Help was sent before Pearl Harbor(e.g., funds, logistics, pilots, etc.), but not in the magnitude that was needed...due to political squabling, so blame the politicians for that, not the American people.

Second, I said Nazi's because they were cut from the same mold as the WWI leadership...connect the dots.

Third, the only thing standing in the way of Russia rolling over Europe since WWII was/is the U.S.

Fourth, it's obvious that you know very little about the global struggle and how Iraq fits into the equation, so I won't spend the time to try to educate you on that. The only thing I can say is go do some research and reach your own conclusion.

Lastly, those who forget history, are destined to repeat it.

This is my last post on this subject, let's get back to a discussing computer stuff. If you choose to remain ignorant, do it on your own time.
July 18, 2006 4:56:36 PM

I work at Intel, and it's interesting what an impact the conflict has had out here, and how quickly we were affected. Someone I work with was in Haifa when the attacks began. Glad she managed to make it back safely...
July 18, 2006 5:03:49 PM

Quote:
o.k for starters from what i know FDR was all in favour of joining the war but it was the senate who was against it or at least the majority. i also know that a few guys from the colleges and uni's volunteered for the RAF before the U.S got ivolved and even they thought their gov was cowardly.

the iraq war is known to be wrong and based on outright lies. they is no debate about this. the only problem now that we are there is how to get out.

Politicians trying to stop us from doing the right thing. Now that DOES sound like the Iraq war (Kennedy, Kerry, Clinton, etc.) :) 

The Iraq War is not known to be wrong and is not based on outright lies. There are still debates about this, but few that are healthy (most turn into one side saying "Nope I'm right and there's no doubt about it. Case closed". And the US does not want to get out yet. At least, the people who matter don't want the US to get out. For example, do you really think Iraq wants to be a totalitarian dictatorship again?
July 18, 2006 5:12:40 PM

Sad state of affairs for sure. Whats weird is that in that region they are all related to each other in some form or another.

Quote:

July 18, 2006 5:16:25 PM

Quote:
o.k lets not get this political. all we have to say is **** happens and tbh even though i don't want to turn this political i couldn't care less if all israeli's were wiped off the map as it should never have been created in the first place.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest man on the planet.

its a fact that before the 1967 Arab\Israeli war, there was no serious movement for a palestinian homeland before the israelis seized the west bank and old jerusalem in the six day war.
by the way the land was siezed from jordan king hussein NOT from yassir arafat. Then suddenly palestinians wanted the land back?

"The truth is that Palestine is no more real than Never-Never Land. The first time the name was used was in 70 A.D. when the Romans committed genocide against the Jews, smashed the Temple and declared the land of Israel would be no more. From then on, the Romans promised, it would be known as Palestine. The name was derived from the Philistines, a Goliathian people conquered by the Jews centuries earlier. It was a way for the Romans to add insult to injury. They also tried to change the name of Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina, but that had even less staying power.

Palestine has never existed -- before or since -- as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.

There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today. Greed. Pride. Envy. Covetousness. No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough."
July 18, 2006 5:30:47 PM

Quote:
O yer lol as well you should heard tony blair the other day he was like "We cant just sit back and let this happen" its got **** all to do with him he needs to but out

What? You're not a "gangsta" so don't act like one.
July 18, 2006 5:35:20 PM

Quote:
o.k lets not get this political. all we have to say is **** happens and tbh even though i don't want to turn this political i couldn't care less if all israeli's were wiped off the map as it should never have been created in the first place.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest man on the planet.

its a fact that before the 1967 Arab\Israeli war, there was no serious movement for a palestinian homeland before the israelis seized the west bank and old jerusalem in the six day war.
by the way the land was siezed from jordan king hussein NOT from yassir arafat. Then suddenly palestinians wanted the land back?

"The truth is that Palestine is no more real than Never-Never Land. The first time the name was used was in 70 A.D. when the Romans committed genocide against the Jews, smashed the Temple and declared the land of Israel would be no more. From then on, the Romans promised, it would be known as Palestine. The name was derived from the Philistines, a Goliathian people conquered by the Jews centuries earlier. It was a way for the Romans to add insult to injury. They also tried to change the name of Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina, but that had even less staying power.

Palestine has never existed -- before or since -- as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.

There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today. Greed. Pride. Envy. Covetousness. No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough."

What's the origin of the text you quoted?

Aren't you a bit biased?

If you don't know, the jews weren't the first people there either, they migrated form egypt to where Israel is now, and there were other people living there long before they arrived.
July 18, 2006 5:35:57 PM

No it was because it was the right f*ing thing to do. Yes the we're protecting our interests as well. But the fact of the matter is that Saddam had to go so we kicked his ass and out he went. If the American people hadn't been idiots in 91 and demanded we withdraw our troops, we would have finished the job then and this wouldn't be an issue.

You can say it was about oil all you want. I don't care what the reason was, I'm glad our boys are over there and I support them. Unlike the rest of the world, the US isn't afraid to step in and do the right thing. Sure there's lots of things we don't step in on, but we can only do so much. How bout France get up off their ass and do something? Oh wait, they'd loose.
July 18, 2006 5:41:28 PM

This thread has turned to sh*t....It should be locked, before people start bombing each other.
July 18, 2006 6:03:55 PM

Quote:
If you don't know, the jews weren't the first people there either, they migrated form egypt to where Israel is now, and there were other people living there long before they arrived.

Well, that's part of it. Before migrating to Egypt, Abraham's people were in what is presently Isreal and before that, they lived in what is now Iraq. (realize that I'm not being finicky about the exact present day borders)

It's fine with me if this gets locked too. I don't see any way that we could agree on the history of the most turbulent region in "civilization's" history. Let's just blame it on the magnetic flux gradient and move back to arguing about computers, trollers and flamers.
July 18, 2006 6:15:03 PM

I think what is happening now is much more important than WWII. UK Ganksta, I am not sure what you have against the US, sure we make mistakes, everyone does, but we try to do what we can, try to help someone, and in the process someone else is neglected, stepped on, whatever you want to call it.... it's a no win situation, maybe we should revert back to the time of pre WWII and do nothing, and let the problems stay in Europe and the Middle East and Asia.... let you guys have all the fun while we just sit here and send supplies and arms to fuel the fire.... now what was the point of my statment.... none at all really.... maybe we should talk about something else, since sitting here in a forum talking about WWII serves no purpose at all.... you should just be thankful your not fighting in this one(if you aren't).
July 18, 2006 6:17:10 PM

Quote:
No it was because it was the right f*ing thing to do. Yes the we're protecting our interests as well. But the fact of the matter is that Saddam had to go so we kicked his ass and out he went. If the American people hadn't been idiots in 91 and demanded we withdraw our troops, we would have finished the job then and this wouldn't be an issue.

You can say it was about oil all you want. I don't care what the reason was, I'm glad our boys are over there and I support them. Unlike the rest of the world, the US isn't afraid to step in and do the right thing. Sure there's lots of things we don't step in on, but we can only do so much. How bout France get up off their ass and do something? Oh wait, they'd loose.

Wow, I didn't know the americans were so nice to others, maybe they've learned to help in Vietnam, or maybe when they tossed a nuke in Japan (btw, Japan would've surrendered anyway, but no, they had to show the russians they made the bomb first).

The right thing to do? Who are you? God? How do you know it's the right thing to do? Maybe the Patriot Act (arrest any person in the US, without a lawyer or any other right) is? Maybe sending people to guantanamo for torture is the right thing to do? Or molest prisioners in Abu Grahib?

Don't talk about right thing to do, when your country acts exactly the way they say is the wrong way.

And don't talk doing a war is the right thing. 'Cause no war has ever been for the right reasons, it always has been about money, always will be (well, maybe the French Revolution is an execption here...)
July 18, 2006 6:22:32 PM

Quote:
And don't talk doing a war is the right thing. 'Cause no war has ever been for the right reasons, it always has been about money, always will be (well, maybe the French Revolution is an execption here...)

Are you being pissy just because Brazil got its butt kicked in the World Cup?

Actually I was cheering for Brazil...
July 18, 2006 6:27:42 PM

Quote:
I think what is happening now is much more important than WWII. UK Ganksta, I am not sure what you have against the US, sure we make mistakes, everyone does, but we try to do what we can, try to help someone, and in the process someone else is neglected, stepped on, whatever you want to call it.... it's a no win situation, maybe we should revert back to the time of pre WWII and do nothing, and let the problems stay in Europe and the Middle East and Asia.... let you guys have all the fun while we just sit here and send supplies and arms to fuel the fire.... now what was the point of my statment.... none at all really.... maybe we should talk about something else, since sitting here in a forum talking about WWII serves no purpose at all.... you should just be thankful your not fighting in this one(if you aren't).

I'm not trying to flame the subject (which should be closed), but you american citizens have got to wake up sometime and see that your government don't try helping other people, they act in the willings of your elits (I am not going to enter in details, but check out about Haliburton wining most Iraq rebuild projects -lots of corruption going on and it's crystal clear - and the way the US acts with third world countries on the OMC - Comercial World Organization -, where there has been lots and lots of suits against unethical commercial behaviour by american companies and government).

I have nothing against americans (the ones I know are very nice people), but if you are so helpful, why most people in the world don't like you (and don't blame religion or envy of your riches)? Just think if your country is really doing the right thing and most important: THINK FOR YOURSELVES, don't let the media tell you what's right, cause the media in any country always do what it's paid for.
July 18, 2006 6:29:54 PM

Quote:

Are you being pissy just because Brazil got its butt kicked in the World Cup?

Actually I was cheering for Brazil...

HAHAHAHA... not actually, Brazil played very badly, and altough I live in Brazil (which I always cheer for in tournaments), I'm British (England sucked as well) and my family is Italian, so in the end, the trophy was at home ;) .

Thanks for cheering for Brazil, but you have to agree that no good come from wars between coutries (exceptions might exist, but I have never heard of a war if good intentions - not considering internal civil wars or revolutions).
July 18, 2006 6:30:41 PM

Quote:

Wow, I didn't know the americans were so nice to others, maybe they've learned to help in Vietnam, or maybe when they tossed a nuke in Japan (btw, Japan would've surrendered anyway, but no, they had to show the russians they made the bomb first).

The right thing to do? Who are you? God? How do you know it's the right thing to do? Maybe the Patriot Act (arrest any person in the US, without a lawyer or any other right) is? Maybe sending people to guantanamo for torture is the right thing to do? Or molest prisioners in Abu Grahib?

Don't talk about right thing to do, when your country acts exactly the way they say is the wrong way.

I just have to respond here.... I don't agree with your statement on using a few idiot troops as your expample of the military.... you can't weed all the idiots out.... and they will get what they deserve.... along with the other idiots that end up showing their faces like those did. I really don't appreciate you using a couple of idiots as a broad brush to paint us all. As far as the other stuff, I have had no issues with the Patriot Act since it started..... also.... it has to be renewed every year or two... can't remember at the moment. And also.... don't be a hipocrit.... point to one country that has NEVER done anything in there OWN interest that negatively effected another..... come on man.... just don't use a few bad people that screwed as your example of "how we are"...... that is all I ask.

wes

Edit: I agree with most of your post after the one I replied to.... I think the main problem is the system. Most people feel like they can't make a difference, and until someone comes along like MLK, but and MLK for all races.... and the country unites across racial lines.... nothing will be done about the direction in which it is heading.... no one thinks they can make a difference.... and no one is really polarizing the people to make them see that they can.
July 18, 2006 6:36:30 PM

Quote:

I have nothing against americans (the ones I know are very nice people), but if you are so helpful, why most people in the world don't like you (and don't blame religion or envy of your riches)?

Freedom.

Although, prosperity is worth including even though you dismiss it. Religion? Not sure how that fits into your arguement.
July 18, 2006 6:39:27 PM

Quote:

I just have to respond here.... I don't agree with your statement on using a few idiot troops as your expample of the military.... you can't weed all the idiots out.... and they will get what they deserve.... along with the other idiots that end up showing their faces like those did. I really don't appreciate you using a couple of idiots as a broad brush to paint us all. As far as the other stuff, I have had no issues with the Patriot Act since it started..... also.... it has to be renewed every year or two... can't remember at the moment. And also.... don't be a hipocrit.... point to one country that has NEVER done anything in there OWN interest that negatively effected another..... come on man.... just don't use a few bad people that screwed as your example of "how we are"...... that is all I ask.

wes

Sorry, didn't mean to offend all americans, but it really did piss me off what that dude said about doing the right thing. Mostly because the US created Saddam, paying him to war against Iran's Muslin government (btw, Bin Laden was trained by CIA troops to fight russians in Afeghanistan).

On the one country that has never done anything that negatively affected another? Well, i think you'll find many if you search, but now, only Finland comes to my mind (at least I don't know anything they did wrong - or at all). If you know any misacting of their part, let me know.
July 18, 2006 6:42:09 PM

Quote:

I have nothing against americans (the ones I know are very nice people), but if you are so helpful, why most people in the world don't like you (and don't blame religion or envy of your riches)?

Freedom.

Although, prosperity is worth including even though you dismiss it. Religion? Not sure how that fits into your arguement.

Freedom?

Hard to believe. Brazil is a democratic and free country. And is not hated by anyone, actually everybody cheer for Brazil. So there might be another reason.

About Religion, well, those extremist muslins that blow themselves up, see the US as Satan, but that has to do with lack of life perspectives, despair and lots of false promises from phony muslin templars.
!