brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to DVD."
Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a DVD
in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there - brand
new, unused).

Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio 7
Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a better
option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
actually work? TIA

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

You might start here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529&Product=winxp

"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
> DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to
> DVD."
> Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
> recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a DVD
> in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there -
> brand
> new, unused).
>
> Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
> creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio 7
> Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a
> better
> option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
> actually work? TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Roxio is perfect!
"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
> DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to
> DVD."
> Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
> recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a DVD
> in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there -
> brand
> new, unused).
>
> Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
> creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio 7
> Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a
> better
> option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
> actually work? TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Thanks Colin and Andre for the help. Colin, I'll be looking into that site
you shared. If that doesn't work, I think I'll break down and buy the
Roxio. I appreciate your input. :)

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie
"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
> DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to
DVD."
> Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
> recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a DVD
> in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there -
brand
> new, unused).
>
> Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
> creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio 7
> Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a
better
> option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
> actually work? TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Probably because it a -R not a +R drive and +R disks won't work in it.
Your better off with Nero and slightly less better off with Roxio and I'd
get rid of that Sony Click to DVD program as it's next to useless.

"Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
> DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to
DVD."
> Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
> recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a DVD
> in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there -
brand
> new, unused).
>
> Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
> creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio 7
> Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a
better
> option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
> actually work? TIA
>
> Brandy
> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

brandy

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Thanks Bernie. I just purchased the Roxio 7 this morning (and you're right,
the +Rs aren't working), so now I'll get some -Rs.

<sigh> I think I'll love it once I figure everything (the right program,
DVD, etc.) out. LOL

Thanks again for the help. :)

"Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
> Probably because it a -R not a +R drive and +R disks won't work in it.
> Your better off with Nero and slightly less better off with Roxio and I'd
> get rid of that Sony Click to DVD program as it's next to useless.
>
> "Brandy" <cognac30@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'll start with the basics, I have Windows XP, my DVD drive is Toshiba
>> DVD-ROM SD-R5002, the program that came with my computer is "Click to
> DVD."
>> Right now I primarily want to store photos on DVD (I got the DVD+R for
>> recording), but every time I try I keep getting a message to install a
>> DVD
>> in the drive (it doesn't recognize that I already have one in there -
> brand
>> new, unused).
>>
>> Way back when I had Windows 98 SE, my computer came with Roxio Easy CD
>> creator, and everything was so much easier! I keep looking at the Roxio
>> 7
>> Easy Media Creator (which works with CDs and DVDs). Would this be a
> better
>> option for me? Or, does anyone know how I can make my current program
>> actually work? TIA
>>
>> Brandy
>> Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Your welcome.