PING Jack Zwick and John Navas

From an e-mail from CTIA

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for Cingular
Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with approximately
47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
Street Journal ) - more info

--
Andrew D. Sisson

In article <WdBfd.39298$l07.19463@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
"Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:

> From an e-mail from CTIA
>
> Tuesday, October 26, 2004
>
> FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
> The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for Cingular
> Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
> creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with approximately
> 47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
> approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
> divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
> with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
> newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
> services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
> Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
> Street Journal ) - more info
>
> --
> Andrew D. Sisson

That's early morning news, and it omitted that the Justice Dept got
Cingular's assent to the divestitures. Then Tuesday morning Within an
hour, Cingular closed on the purchase.

>> In article <WdBfd.39298$l07.19463@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
>> "Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> From an e-mail from CTIA
>>
>> Tuesday, October 26, 2004
>>
>> FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
>> The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for
>> Cingular
>> Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
>> creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with
>> approximately
>> 47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
>> approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
>> divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
>> with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
>> newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
>> services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
>> Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
>> Street Journal ) - more info
>>
>> --
>> Andrew D. Sisson
>

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> That's early morning news, and it omitted that the Justice Dept got
> Cingular's assent to the divestitures. Then Tuesday morning Within an
> hour, Cingular closed on the purchase.

The e-mail came in to my in-box at 1300 EDT
so it's not really early morning news.

DOJ approved this past Friday
FCC approved yesterday.

I don't see anything about the Court, IIRC the Supreme
Court, OKing this.
--
Andrew D. Sisson

>> In article <WdBfd.39298$l07.19463@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
>> "Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> From an e-mail from CTIA
>>
>> Tuesday, October 26, 2004
>>
>> FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
>> The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for
>> Cingular
>> Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
>> creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with
>> approximately
>> 47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
>> approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
>> divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
>> with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
>> newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
>> services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
>> Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
>> Street Journal ) - more info
>>
>> --
>> Andrew D. Sisson
>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> That's early morning news, and it omitted that the Justice Dept got
> Cingular's assent to the divestitures. Then Tuesday morning Within an
> hour, Cingular closed on the purchase.

Remember, also, that this is a synopsis of the reportins gathered from

In article <3lCfd.39731$l07.11183@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
"Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:

> >> In article <WdBfd.39298$l07.19463@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> >> "Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> From an e-mail from CTIA
> >>
> >> Tuesday, October 26, 2004
> >>
> >> FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
> >> The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for
> >> Cingular
> >> Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
> >> creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with
> >> approximately
> >> 47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
> >> approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
> >> divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
> >> with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
> >> newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
> >> services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
> >> Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
> >> Street Journal ) - more info
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andrew D. Sisson
> >
> > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > That's early morning news, and it omitted that the Justice Dept got
> > Cingular's assent to the divestitures. Then Tuesday morning Within an
> > hour, Cingular closed on the purchase.
> >
> Remember, also, that this is a synopsis of the reportins gathered from
> LA Times , Reuters, Associated Press
> Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press
> Wall Street Journal
> --
> Andrew D. Sisson

But it was issued at what time of day, and written how much earlier?

In article <meCfd.39693$l07.32211@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
"Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:

> >> In article <WdBfd.39298$l07.19463@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> >> "Andy S" <adsisson@NOrochesterSPAM.rr.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> From an e-mail from CTIA
> >>
> >> Tuesday, October 26, 2004
> >>
> >> FCC Approves Cingular Wireless Purchase of AT&T Wireless
> >> The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) gave its approval for
> >> Cingular
> >> Wireless' $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless. The FCC's decision
> >> creates the largest wireless service provider in the U.S. with
> >> approximately
> >> 47 million subscribers. Antitrust regulators at the Department of Justice
> >> approved the merger on Monday. The FCC will require Cingular Wireless to
> >> divest assets in 22 markets in at least eight states. Under the agreement
> >> with the Justice Department, Cingular Wireless must divest itself of the
> >> newly combined company's assets in 11 states. The assets include wireless
> >> services and radio wave spectrum licenses. (Source: LA Times , Reuters,
> >> Associated Press , Washington Post , USA Today, Associated Press , Wall
> >> Street Journal ) - more info
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andrew D. Sisson
> >

> > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > That's early morning news, and it omitted that the Justice Dept got
> > Cingular's assent to the divestitures. Then Tuesday morning Within an
> > hour, Cingular closed on the purchase.
> >
> The e-mail came in to my in-box at 1300 EDT
> so it's not really early morning news.
>
> DOJ approved this past Friday
> FCC approved yesterday.
>
> I don't see anything about the Court, IIRC the Supreme
> Court, OKing this.
> --
> Andrew D. Sisson

Arrival in your end box tells you ZERO as to what time it was written.

Alan

Please take this to alt.cellular.pissing.contest

In <2u9no2F26pfgcU1@uni-berlin.de> on Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:56:16 -0400, "Alan"
<alan@erols.com> wrote:

>Please take this to alt.cellular.pissing.contest

Amen.