Really needs your advice..

Ey guys, I really need your help. Which do you think is a better psu?

OCZ GameXstream 600w or Enermax Liberty Series 600w..?

Or could you guyz recommend any other highend psu/s in the 500-600w range. (or any threads that could give the answer to my question-newbie here)

Thanks guyz!
9 answers Last reply
More about really advice
  1. Both are excellent and reliable options... I would go for Enermax in cable free option to have a better cable organization inside you case...
  2. I think that Liberty is a 620W right?

    You can also get that OCZ as a Modstream psu which means it's also modular.

    Hmmm

    OCZ = 4 - 12v rails w/ 18amps each.
    Enermax = 2 - 12v rails w/ 22amps each.

    If this is for SLI and you ever plan to water cool I suggest you go with the OCZ, if you aren't going to SLI and don't plan to water cool then either is ok.
  3. Quote:
    I think that Liberty is a 620W right?

    You can also get that OCZ as a Modstream psu which means it's also modular.

    Hmmm

    OCZ = 4 - 12v rails w/ 18amps each.
    Enermax = 2 - 12v rails w/ 22amps each.

    If this is for SLI and you ever plan to water cool I suggest you go with the OCZ, if you aren't going to SLI and don't plan to water cool then either is ok.


    the thing is, you want the most for ur money. OCZ gives you double the rails.
  4. Quote:
    Ey guys, I really need your help. Which do you think is a better psu?

    OCZ GameXstream 600w or Enermax Liberty Series 600w..?

    Or could you guyz recommend any other highend psu/s in the 500-600w range. (or any threads that could give the answer to my question-newbie here)

    Thanks guyz!

    according to some recommendations i've seen at this forum, you should buy the heavier one. take a high precision weight meter to the store and see which one is heavier
  5. I too have been comparing OCZ GameXStream 700W with Enermax Liberty 620W.
    The OCZ 600W does not supply enough amperage to feed those 4 rails - the math says there are only 12 amps for each rail (although any 1 rail is rated @ 18A max.)
    The OCZ 700W increases this to 16A x 4 (all 4, continuous).
    I find the Enermax 620W attractive, with 2 very stout 12V rails and the modular cabling.
    If I wanted 4 rails for dual-core/dual-vidcard, I would select the OCZ GameXStream 700W model.
    I love the OCZ ModStream - it is fantastic, a work of art but its day has passed...
    Regards
  6. Quote:
    Ey guys, I really need your help. Which do you think is a better psu?

    OCZ GameXstream 600w or Enermax Liberty Series 600w..?

    Or could you guyz recommend any other highend psu/s in the 500-600w range. (or any threads that could give the answer to my question-newbie here)

    Thanks guyz!

    according to some recommendations i've seen at this forum, you should buy the heavier one. take a high precision weight meter to the store and see which one is heavier

    you should. but i think the OCZ wins this, hands down.
  7. Thanks guyz for the quick response..

    but have you guyz heard about the AS Power ER-2520A psu..?

    check out this link..

    http://www.abee.co.jp/Product/AS_Power/ER-2520A/spec.html

    the website is in japanese, but the specs are in english.

    it is a modular PSU, like the Liberty.

    The lines can be a split (+12V1/V2 @20A) or combined @35A.

    plus it has a nice coated finish and silver-braided cables
    (it's a japan model after all).

    * you can click on the list (in japanese) on the right side of the page to see different pages/details about the psu.

    any comments..? has anyone used this psu already..?

    you think Enermax Liberty or OCZ GameXstream is still better than this psu..?

    The psu has a lot of positive reviews but unfortunately its all in japanese.. hehehe =)
  8. The Liberty only comes in 620W. I would go with the Enermax Liberty over the OCZ. Enermax makes more reliable and stable psu's. I would prefer the Enermax Noisetaker 2 (600W). The Liberty is amazing because you can hook up to 18 HDD's to it and it will run flawlessly. I've only hooked up 6 HDD's to it and I've never had any problem. :D
  9. Quote:
    Thanks guyz for the quick response..

    but have you guyz heard about the AS Power ER-2520A psu..?

    check out this link..

    http://www.abee.co.jp/Product/AS_Power/ER-2520A/spec.html

    the website is in japanese, but the specs are in english.

    it is a modular PSU, like the Liberty.

    The lines can be a split (+12V1/V2 @20A) or combined @35A.

    plus it has a nice coated finish and silver-braided cables
    (it's a japan model after all).

    * you can click on the list (in japanese) on the right side of the page to see different pages/details about the psu.

    any comments..? has anyone used this psu already..?

    you think Enermax Liberty or OCZ GameXstream is still better than this psu..?

    The psu has a lot of positive reviews but unfortunately its all in japanese.. hehehe =)


    its not that good of a PSU. i'd take the OCZ over it.

    as far as enermax making good PSU's. i agree but i also thing quad rails is better than dual. and modular totally isnt worth it, if you can double your rails.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies OCZ Enermax Components