Domain Controller Pinging My Machine?

In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to one
of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active directory
server?

--
Will
Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

    The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
    to provide more specific detail.

    --

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to
    one
    > of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active
    directory
    > server?
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

    Check out this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317843

    "Will" wrote:

    > The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
    > to provide more specific detail.
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com
    >

    > "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > > In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to
    > one
    > > of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active
    > directory
    > > server?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Will
    > > Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

    There is no Windows Messenger on our network. There is no Windows XP on
    our network.

    --

    Will wrote:
    > The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
    > to provide more specific detail.

    icmp doesnt have ports...

Servers Domain Controller Active Directory Windows