Domain Controller Pinging My Machine?

In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to one
of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active directory
server?

--
Will
Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
to provide more specific detail.

--

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
> In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to
one
> of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active
directory
> server?
>
> --
> Will
> Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Check out this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317843

"Will" wrote:

> The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
> to provide more specific detail.
>
> --
> Will
> Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com
>

> "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
> > In a sniffer trace, I see our domain controller sending ICMP requests to
> one
> > of my servers repeatedly. Is that normal behavior for an active
> directory
> > server?
> >
> > --
> > Will
> > Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

There is no Windows Messenger on our network. There is no Windows XP on
our network.

--

"Ele7eN" <Ele7eN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Check out this article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317843
>
> "Will" wrote:
>
> > The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my
machine,
> > to provide more specific detail.
> >
> > --
> > Will
> > Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Barry

Will wrote:
> The domain controller is doing ICMP connections to port 1900 on my machine,
> to provide more specific detail.

icmp doesnt have ports...