Event ID 13562 and 1083

I have been getting these two event ID's on a regular basis and am wondering
if it is because of DNS.

Let me explain, we have a parent domain with two domain controllers that are
running DNS. There are two more servers that are domain controllers but not
running DNS. In our child domain we have two DC's but neither is running DNS.
I believe some consultants set this up. Could this be causing the replication
issues?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about event 13562 1083

    Normally, in a child-parent situation the DNS is delegated. There are
    usually some DNS Servers in the child domain, though. Here is an article on
    how things could be done:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255248

    Have you taken a look at http://www.eventid.net with those two event ids for
    possible solutions?

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13562&eventno=662&source=NtFrs&phase=1
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1083&eventno=919&source=NTDS%20Replication&phase=1

    Have you installed the Support Tools ( from the WIN2000 Service Pack
    CD-Media ) and run dcdiag and netdiag? How about FRSDiag?

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been getting these two event ID's on a regular basis and am
    >wondering
    > if it is because of DNS.
    >
    > Let me explain, we have a parent domain with two domain controllers that
    > are
    > running DNS. There are two more servers that are domain controllers but
    > not
    > running DNS. In our child domain we have two DC's but neither is running
    > DNS.
    > I believe some consultants set this up. Could this be causing the
    > replication
    > issues?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks, I thought that was the issue.

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" wrote:

    > Normally, in a child-parent situation the DNS is delegated. There are
    > usually some DNS Servers in the child domain, though. Here is an article on
    > how things could be done:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255248
    >

    > Have you taken a look at http://www.eventid.net with those two event ids for
    > possible solutions?
    >
    > http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13562&eventno=662&source=NtFrs&phase=1
    > http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1083&eventno=919&source=NTDS%20Replication&phase=1
    >

    > Have you installed the Support Tools ( from the WIN2000 Service Pack
    > CD-Media ) and run dcdiag and netdiag? How about FRSDiag?
    >
    > --
    > Cary W. Shultz
    > Roanoke, VA 24012
    > Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >
    > http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    > http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >

    > "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have been getting these two event ID's on a regular basis and am
    > >wondering
    > > if it is because of DNS.
    > >
    > > Let me explain, we have a parent domain with two domain controllers that
    > > are
    > > running DNS. There are two more servers that are domain controllers but
    > > not
    > > running DNS. In our child domain we have two DC's but neither is running
    > > DNS.
    > > I believe some consultants set this up. Could this be causing the
    > > replication
    > > issues?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Glad to be of help!

    --

    > Thanks, I thought that was the issue.
    >
    > "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Normally, in a child-parent situation the DNS is delegated. There are
    >> usually some DNS Servers in the child domain, though. Here is an article
    >> on
    >> how things could be done:
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255248
    >>

    >> Have you taken a look at http://www.eventid.net with those two event ids
    >> for
    >> possible solutions?
    >>
    >> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13562&eventno=662&source=NtFrs&phase=1
    >> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1083&eventno=919&source=NTDS%20Replication&phase=1
    >>

    >> Have you installed the Support Tools ( from the WIN2000 Service Pack
    >> CD-Media ) and run dcdiag and netdiag? How about FRSDiag?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cary W. Shultz
    >> Roanoke, VA 24012
    >> Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >>
    >> http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    >> http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >>

    >> "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have been getting these two event ID's on a regular basis and am
    >> >wondering
    >> > if it is because of DNS.
    >> >
    >> > Let me explain, we have a parent domain with two domain controllers
    >> > that
    >> > are
    >> > running DNS. There are two more servers that are domain controllers but
    >> > not
    >> > running DNS. In our child domain we have two DC's but neither is
    >> > running
    >> > DNS.
    >> > I believe some consultants set this up. Could this be causing the
    >> > replication
    >> > issues?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Domain DNS Event Id Windows