Master Role assignments

We have a Win2k SP 4 network with 2 domain controllers in native mode. DC1
handles all the Master Role Assignments. When that server is rebooted, no
one can login to the network which is expected. However, the same thing
happens when DC2 is rebooted, even if DC1 is up and running. Is this
normal? The only authoritative role that the other server has is under AD
Sites and Services - it serves as the licensing server. thanks for any help
1 answer Last reply
More about master role assignments

    Paul wrote:
    > We have a Win2k SP 4 network with 2 domain controllers in native mode. DC1
    > handles all the Master Role Assignments. When that server is rebooted, no
    > one can login to the network which is expected. However, the same thing
    > happens when DC2 is rebooted, even if DC1 is up and running. Is this
    > normal? The only authoritative role that the other server has is under AD
    > Sites and Services - it serves as the licensing server. thanks for any help

    Which server acts as GC and which holds DNS data for a domain?

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows