Master Role assignments

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 10, 2005 12:40:26 PM

We have a Win2k SP 4 network with 2 domain controllers in native mode. DC1
handles all the Master Role Assignments. When that server is rebooted, no
one can login to the network which is expected. However, the same thing
happens when DC2 is rebooted, even if DC1 is up and running. Is this
normal? The only authoritative role that the other server has is under AD
Sites and Services - it serves as the licensing server. thanks for any help
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 2:28:02 AM

Paul wrote:
> We have a Win2k SP 4 network with 2 domain controllers in native mode. DC1
> handles all the Master Role Assignments. When that server is rebooted, no
> one can login to the network which is expected. However, the same thing
> happens when DC2 is rebooted, even if DC1 is up and running. Is this
> normal? The only authoritative role that the other server has is under AD
> Sites and Services - it serves as the licensing server. thanks for any help

Which server acts as GC and which holds DNS data for a domain?

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl