Brand new Canon IP3000 won't print black

I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
Any ideas?
11 answers Last reply
More about brand canon ip3000 print black

    Michael Shaffer wrote:
    > I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
    > Any ideas?

    BTW, when I was taking the labels off the ink cartridges I accidentally
    took the entire label off the blank and yellow ones.. I didn't realize
    it was just the orange part.

    Return it and get another. And if you decide to do that get an IP4000
    instead. It is worth the difference.

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:18:59 -0400, Michael Shaffer <michaelshaffer@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >Michael Shaffer wrote:
    >> I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
    >> Any ideas?
    >
    >BTW, when I was taking the labels off the ink cartridges I accidentally
    >took the entire label off the blank and yellow ones.. I didn't realize
    >it was just the orange part.

    The cartridge police are on their way, hide under your bed.

    pete wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:18:59 -0400, Michael Shaffer <michaelshaffer@cox.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Michael Shaffer wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>
    >>BTW, when I was taking the labels off the ink cartridges I accidentally
    >>took the entire label off the blank and yellow ones.. I didn't realize
    >>it was just the orange part.
    >

    > The cartridge police are on their way, hide under your b

    My point was the label is actually a cover over the vent hole. Since
    black is the color I was having trouble with doesn't it seem like a
    strange coincidence that the one I removed the label from isn't working?

    It's not a ink tank problem. Be sure you have the black tank firmly seated
    and "clicked" into place. re-seat the tank/head assembly as well and make
    sure you removed all the blue packing tape from the head assembly.

    "Michael Shaffer" <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrote in message
    > pete wrote:
    > > On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:18:59 -0400, Michael Shaffer
    <michaelshaffer@cox.net>
    > > wrote:

    > >>BTW, when I was taking the labels off the ink cartridges I accidentally
    > >>took the entire label off the blank and yellow ones.. I didn't realize
    > >>it was just the orange part.
    > >

    > > The cartridge police are on their way, hide under your b
    >
    > My point was the label is actually a cover over the vent hole. Since
    > black is the color I was having trouble with doesn't it seem like a
    > strange coincidence that the one I removed the label from isn't working?

    I am not specifically familiar with the Canon ink cartridge, but most
    use that label as a method of controlling air flow, both to reduce
    drying, and to allow the ink to flow more evenly or in lower amounts.

    If you removed the whole label, the ink may have started to dry inside
    the cartridge too much make it too think to get the head to deal with.

    Art

    Dan G wrote:

    > It's not a ink tank problem. Be sure you have the black tank firmly seated
    > and "clicked" into place. re-seat the tank/head assembly as well and make
    > sure you removed all the blue packing tape from the head assembly.
    >

    > "Michael Shaffer" <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>pete wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:18:59 -0400, Michael Shaffer
    >
    > <michaelshaffer@cox.net>

    >>>The cartridge police are on their way, hide under your b
    >>
    >>My point was the label is actually a cover over the vent hole. Since
    >>black is the color I was having trouble with doesn't it seem like a
    >>strange coincidence that the one I removed the label from isn't working?

    Art - You are on target with the label issue. In addition, you might get
    too much ink flow. Sometimes flooding the recess around the print head
    pickup area can also stop the color from printing. If the cart is new and
    hasn't been open that long he can put a piece of tape over the vent, taking
    care to not cover the very end of the channel that permits air to get to the
    vent hole, remove the cart and gently clean around the ink pickup in the
    print head if there is excessive ink, reinstall, run one light cleaning, and
    see if it works.

    pete <pete@maildox.com>
    wrotenews:pm2781t94pqdthcbqhe39ne438c5pcif2k@4ax.com:

    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:18:59 -0400, Michael Shaffer
    > <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Michael Shaffer wrote:
    >>> I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>
    >>BTW, when I was taking the labels off the ink cartridges I accidentally
    >>took the entire label off the blank and yellow ones.. I didn't realize
    >>it was just the orange part.
    >
    > The cartridge police are on their way, hide under your bed.

    I bet if they checked for missing tags on mattresses and the back of his tee-
    shirts they'd be missing also!

    --
    ---Mapanari---

    Michael Shaffer <michaelshaffer@cox.net> wrotenews:CHHge.35018$fx3.19127
    @okepread02:

    > I just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and it won't print any black ink.
    > Any ideas?

    RTFM

    --
    ---Mapanari---

    I too just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and I spent about an hour last
    night on the unpacking and set up. Everything was going well until it
    got to the step: Print Head Registration. It had an error and I was
    instructed to press a Resume button. It took a few minutes with the
    online manual to locate the button. I tried the automatic Print Head
    Registration again and got similar results: Three blue rectangular
    spots on on a page of 8.5 x 11 in paper.

    Then I tried manual registration. This time I got two stripes each a
    different shades of blue plues two stripes each a different shade of
    pink and one stripe of yellow. to the left of the stripes were grey
    bars. Between the bars ( each on its on line) was
    6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y. The help that followed indicated that there should
    have been a black grid above the stripes.

    For my last attempt of the night, I went to printer properties and
    printed a test page.
    All that printed was a windows logo of the flag with four colors.

    Suggestions please: What do I try next?
    Thanks in advance,
    IanO

    "IanO" <IanONet@gmail.com> wrotenews:1121345972.349969.107730
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > I too just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and I spent about an hour last
    > night on the unpacking and set up. Everything was going well until it
    > got to the step: Print Head Registration. It had an error and I was
    > instructed to press a Resume button. It took a few minutes with the
    > online manual to locate the button. I tried the automatic Print Head
    > Registration again and got similar results: Three blue rectangular
    > spots on on a page of 8.5 x 11 in paper.
    >
    > Then I tried manual registration. This time I got two stripes each a
    > different shades of blue plues two stripes each a different shade of
    > pink and one stripe of yellow. to the left of the stripes were grey
    > bars. Between the bars ( each on its on line) was
    > 6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y. The help that followed indicated that there should
    > have been a black grid above the stripes.
    >
    > For my last attempt of the night, I went to printer properties and
    > printed a test page.
    > All that printed was a windows logo of the flag with four colors.
    >
    > Suggestions please: What do I try next?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > IanO

    Check that you took off the orange plastic stuff like the manual said from
    the print carts correctly.
    Try reseating the carts.

    Other than that, I dunno....try their website and help/support?

    Good luck.

    Oh, and if you have trouble with your rebate, ping me in austin.general and
    I'll walk you through how to get their phone number.

    --
    ---Mapanari---

Printers Canon Peripherals