AD Attribute Update Tool

We are wanting to maintain AD user info such as phone number, office
location, Cost Center, City, State, Mail Stop, etc. by importing data from a
csv file that our MIS department maintains. Does anyone know of a software
that will allow us to do this without having to be a script guru.

Thanks,
Fred
2 answers Last reply
More about attribute update tool

    Fred,

    One very nice tool is ADModify ( currently ADModify.net ). This does not
    really pull anything from a .csv file. This is a stand-alone application.
    You simply select the OU [ or the user account object(s) ] that you need and
    enter the value(s) for the desired field(s) and there you have it! It is
    all done for you. Essentially, what it allows you to do is to make the
    'same change' for 'multiple users' just one time. Meaning, you enter the
    address if 12345 Main Street only once and it is 'applied' to all of the
    user account objects that you have selected.

    Not sure if this helps you, though.

    There is always ADSI for this sort of thing.....but that is scripting!

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We are wanting to maintain AD user info such as phone number, office
    > location, Cost Center, City, State, Mail Stop, etc. by importing data from
    > csv file that our MIS department maintains. Does anyone know of a
    > software
    > that will allow us to do this without having to be a script guru.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Fred

    Thanks Cary.

    Fred

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Fred,
    >
    > One very nice tool is ADModify ( currently ADModify.net ). This does not
    > really pull anything from a .csv file. This is a stand-alone application.
    > You simply select the OU [ or the user account object(s) ] that you need
    > and enter the value(s) for the desired field(s) and there you have it! It
    > is all done for you. Essentially, what it allows you to do is to make the
    > 'same change' for 'multiple users' just one time. Meaning, you enter the
    > address if 12345 Main Street only once and it is 'applied' to all of the
    > user account objects that you have selected.
    >
    > Not sure if this helps you, though.
    >
    > There is always ADSI for this sort of thing.....but that is scripting!
    >
    > --
    > Cary W. Shultz
    > Roanoke, VA 24012
    > Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >
    > http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    > http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >

    > "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> We are wanting to maintain AD user info such as phone number, office
    >> location, Cost Center, City, State, Mail Stop, etc. by importing data
    >> from a
    >> csv file that our MIS department maintains. Does anyone know of a
    >> software
    >> that will allow us to do this without having to be a script guru.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Fred

Microsoft Active Directory Windows