Outlook Express

Hi

I am running Exchange. I also have windows XP client machines. What I want
to happen is for Outlook Express to be automatically configured for the
currently logged on user. For example, user "JOE" logs on to any
workstation in the domain - he opens Outlook Express and he has all his mail
there and the Account is already configured with his settings.

So i guess...

1. Does anyone know how to change the Outlook Express mail store location
from the registry? Then I could just tell it to store users mail in
\\servername\UserDirs\%username%\AppData\Mailbox or something. Right?

2. How do I get OE to auto configure itself when a user logs on?

TIA
Oli

<andras@kende.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> This usually being done with Roaming Profiles.
> http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-1031655.html
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andras Kende
> http://www.kende.com

Hi,

I do not want the entire profile to roam though - most things I have set and
locked down using GP. Just need to make users mail available on all
systems....

Any other ideas?

TIA
Oli

Barry

Oli wrote:
> <andras@kende.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This usually being done with Roaming Profiles.
>>http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-1031655.html
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Andras Kende
>>http://www.kende.com
>>

> Hi,
>
> I do not want the entire profile to roam though - most things I have set and
> locked down using GP. Just need to make users mail available on all
> systems....
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> TIA
> Oli

install office with an administrative install, apply an .mst that sets
up an exchange profile for the correct server and the username (%username%).