liteon sohw 1653s causing trouble...help!!

ahsanonline

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
This DVD writer has been working fine for almost 2 years now.

A few days ago i opened up this dvd writer to clean it up. used some cd player lens cleaner (contains ethyl alcohol i think). put it back together again and now it wont write CDs that well. Any audio cd i burn with Windows Media Player is not recognised by the system as an audio cd. If burned with nero, it will recognise but the audio is choppy and noisy as well.

With Nero 7 (the latest version), i can see that it has 20 audio tracks. when i play them (using a nero tool to rip them off the cd), the drive is always reading the disc (i can tell by the drive's led light). and the sound comes out chopped and sometimes with a lot of noise as well.

Also it wont burn anything to a rewritable cd.
Tried burning a dvd+R with 4 GB of data. it burned ok, but when checking for errors it found many. Also it reads the dvd at only 1x showing that the write quality is not very good. Burned the same brand of DVDs before cleaning the dvd writer's lens and they were of top notch quality.

Help me wht to do please. Is the lens permanently damaged? Hope not. I've had a look at it again and it seems like the cleanest piece of plastic.

Any suggestions on wht i should do now?

ahsanonline

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
btw....

its like 38/40 degrees celcius in my room and the air is saturated ...humidity is maximum.

does conditions such as these affect the quality of burned CDs or DVDs?