Setup users and home drive

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting (More info?)

I presently create our users with the MMC console - "Active Directory Users
and Computers", then I run a script to create the hidden home share on the
appropriate server. I would like to roll this into a single script -
preferably VB script based, with a .hta wrapper. Does anyone have examples
of .hta with drop-down selections, or pick-lists? I'm OK with VB scripts,
and with examples I can do my own hta writing, but I would like real-world
examples to go by.

Any help, or links would be appreciated.
Randy Reimers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting (More info?)

Randy,

The Scripting Guys have a wonderful set of Webcasts, once specifically for
creating HTAs. Here is the link:

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032240018&Culture=en-US

And just in case this link does not work, here is the link to all of their
web casts:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/webcasts/archive.mspx

They have some good ones. Ethan does a really great job!

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Randy Reimers" <rreimers.nullSpam@Carlsoncraft.com> wrote in message
>I presently create our users with the MMC console - "Active Directory Users
>and Computers", then I run a script to create the hidden home share on the
>appropriate server. I would like to roll this into a single script -
>preferably VB script based, with a .hta wrapper. Does anyone have examples
>of .hta with drop-down selections, or pick-lists? I'm OK with VB scripts,
>and with examples I can do my own hta writing, but I would like real-world
>examples to go by.
>
> Any help, or links would be appreciated.
> Randy Reimers

Latest posts