Mangled 2000 Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests

Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we are
doing the Exchange server first.

According to KB Article ID: 314649

To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an
Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f
inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I tried to do
this, I received an error that the From To DN is incorrect. Not knowing what
this meant searched the console.

The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI,
and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to msExchAssistantName,
msExchLabeledURI, and msExchHouseIdentifier before you run the Windows
Server 2003 adprep /forestprep

However in the console schema there is no entry for ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,
ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN. It dose have the
houseIdentier, Secretary, and labeledURI that is listed in scenario 3 of the
article but we did not run the 2003 adprep /forestprep so this scenario dose
not apply I think.

Questions:

Since the above do I need to run the inetorgpersonfix.ldf?

If So how do I get around the error?

You need to replace the DC= components 6f the c600and syntax with the
relevant naming components used by your forest. For example, if your
forest were named msetechnology.net, you would use -

ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=msetechnology,DC=net

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology

scott salvatore wrote:
> Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we
> are doing the Exchange server first.
>

> According to KB Article ID: 314649
>

> To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an
> Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f
> inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I
> tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is
> incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console.
>

> The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,
> ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to
> msExchAssistantName, msExchLabeledURI, and msExchHouseIdentifier
> before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep
>

> However in the console schema there is no entry for
> ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the
> ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN. It dose have the houseIdentier,
> Secretary, and labeledURI that is listed in scenario 3 of the article
> but we did not run the 2003 adprep /forestprep so this scenario dose
> not apply I think.
>

> Questions:
>
> Since the above do I need to run the inetorgpersonfix.ldf?
>
> If So how do I get around the error?

I did that the error indicated the issue was with the DN From To. I assume
it is with the attributes. that the script could not find the
ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier attributes.

"Dean Wells [MVP]" <dwells@mask.msetechnology.com> wrote in message
> You need to replace the DC= components 6f the c600and syntax with the
> relevant naming components used by your forest. For example, if your
> forest were named msetechnology.net, you would use -
>
> ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=msetechnology,DC=net
>
> --
> Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
> MSEtechnology
> [[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
> R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l
>
> scott salvatore wrote:
>> Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we
>> are doing the Exchange server first.
>>

>> According to KB Article ID: 314649
>>

>> To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an
>> Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f
>> inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I
>> tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is
>> incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console.
>>

>> The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,
>> ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to
>> msExchAssistantName, msExchLabeledURI, and msExchHouseIdentifier
>> before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep
>>

>> However in the console schema there is no entry for
>> ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the
>> ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN. It dose have the houseIdentier,
>> Secretary, and labeledURI that is listed in scenario 3 of the article
>> but we did not run the 2003 adprep /forestprep so this scenario dose
>> not apply I think.
>>

>> Questions:
>>
>> Since the above do I need to run the inetorgpersonfix.ldf?
>>
>> If So how do I get around the error?

If your assumption is correct, it is unlikely that you have a problem in
the first place ...

--

scott salvatore wrote:
> I did that the error indicated the issue was with the DN From To. I
> assume it is with the attributes. that the script could not find the
> ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier attributes.
>

> "Dean Wells [MVP]" <dwells@mask.msetechnology.com> wrote in message
>> You need to replace the DC= components 6f the c600and syntax with the
>> relevant naming components used by your forest. For example, if your
>> forest were named msetechnology.net, you would use -
>>
>> ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=msetechnology,DC=net
>>
>> --
>> Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
>> MSEtechnology
>> [[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
>> R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l
>>
>> scott salvatore wrote:
>>> Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we
>>> are doing the Exchange server first.
>>>

>>> According to KB Article ID: 314649
>>>

>>> To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain
>>> an Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f
>>> inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I
>>> tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is
>>> incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console.
>>>

>>> The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,
>>> ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes
>>> to msExchAssistantName, msExchLabeledURI, and msExchHouseIdentifier
>>> before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep
>>>

>>> However in the console schema there is no entry for
>>> ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the
>>> ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN. It dose have the houseIdentier,
>>> Secretary, and labeledURI that is listed in scenario 3 of the
>>> article but we did not run the 2003 adprep /forestprep so this
>>> scenario dose not apply I think.
>>>

>>> Questions:
>>>
>>> Since the above do I need to run the inetorgpersonfix.ldf?
>>>
>>> If So how do I get around the error?

Thank you just to be on the safe side I want to confirm the location of the
attrabuted I checked the for them in the MMC Snapin Active Directory Schema.
Is that the right location? if not were are they?

> If your assumption is correct, it is unlikely that you have a problem in
> the first place ...
>
> --
> Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
> MSEtechnology
> [[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
> R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l
>
> scott salvatore wrote:
>> I did that the error indicated the issue was with the DN From To. I
>> assume it is with the attributes. that the script could not find the
>> ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier attributes.
>>

>> "Dean Wells [MVP]" <dwells@mask.msetechnology.com> wrote in message
>>> You need to replace the DC= components 6f the c600and syntax with the
>>> relevant naming components used by your forest. For example, if your
>>> forest were named msetechnology.net, you would use -
>>>
>>> ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=msetechnology,DC=net
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
>>> MSEtechnology
>>> [[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
>>> R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l

Correct.