First Time builder needs Help

apprentice25

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
All of my parts arrived today. I have the Lian LI PC 61 case. The only thing I did so far was to mount the power Supply. I took out the grill that came with the case, and am trying to put in the one that came with the motherboard. What am I doing wrong? I cannot get it to stay in place.
In addition, and help with the case would be greatly appreciated. I am not clear how the motherboard tray comes in and out.

Thanks in advance

kylewvu086

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
Make sure both your case and motherboad are the same form factor (usually ATX). If so the grill should snap in place. What motherboard did you buy? If if won't go in, try some super glue :D or you could always run without a grill. Just make sure you keep it cleaned out.

cranbers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
well I hope you figured it out by now, as buying a new system and waiting days to get it up and running is a major pain. As for the grill im assuming your talking about the i/o plate where the usb ports and everything goes into the mobo?

It is a nice case by the way , I have always had a hard time justifying spending so much money on just a case though.

kylewvu086

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
The case isn't too expensive, I can justify a pricy case becuase it will last me multiple pc upgrades. While as an expensive CPU will only last you several years.

Yeah, the grill or i/o plate where all the onboard devices stick through the case. It should just snap it. If its an atx case with an atx motherboard it should be a perfect fix. Especially from Lian Li, where the quality is amazing, it should fix.