Keyboard problems, DRIVER?

I have the best cpu with windows7 64bit I just built it, I have no problems at all other than my keyboard, my keyboard types fine, but when it comes to gameing it gets confused I play splinter cell double agent, w,a,s, and d are the movement keys, when I press w it shows I pressed 1, when I press w again it shows I pressed 2 ect... it does this with w,a,s,d,c,q,e, and pretty much all the keys on the left side of the keyboard, my keyboard driver version is up to date but I can not fix this problem, is it the BIOS? HELP!!!
9 answers Last reply
More about keyboard problems driver
  1. fasthunterX said:
    I have the best cpu with windows7 64bit I just built it, I have no problems at all other than my keyboard, my keyboard types fine, but when it comes to gameing it gets confused I play splinter cell double agent, w,a,s, and d are the movement keys, when I press w it shows I pressed 1, when I press w again it shows I pressed 2 ect... it does this with w,a,s,d,c,q,e, and pretty much all the keys on the left side of the keyboard, my keyboard driver version is up to date but I can not fix this problem, is it the BIOS? HELP!!!

I have the same problem with The Sims 3. The Alienware ppl made it so it would think it was running on vista, but i really wish for more of a fix because I'm having the same issue with other games. :/ If you figure out what to do lemme know.
  2. fasthunterX said:

Ok, I had trouble with "for example" Sony Vegas 9.0 Premium and I right clicked the desktop icon for it and click on trouble shoot than it set it to work as if it was on xp. It's working now. I don't want to have to do that with EVERY program, but atleast it works. :D YAY!Mine craft i can't get to work cuz i play it on browser sometimes, but I did download it but it doesn't show up I have to keep downloading it. Anyway.. I'll stay tuned to see what anyone has to say. :D
    ~BSG4JC
    PS
    btw my pc is only about 4 days old and it's from alienware and it's a great Gaming system too. :D
  3. Mine is a desktop does it matter?
  4. i saw stuff on this and it was a lap top. Mine's a desktop. :o)
  5. My friend is having the same issues with his new computer. MSI P76 C43 B3 1600 mem Core i3 and win 7 64 bit
    the problem is only with Games!! The keyboard cycles through numbers ex: any keystroke = 1-9 on the numeric part of the keyboard!! Only in Games / ventrillo when entering a PTT binding ect.. games WOW and Battlefield 2142 we have tried both types of keyboards ps/2 and usb and yes we are using the usb 2.0 ports on the board not the 3.0 please help thanks ...
  6. I have this problem ingame where the keys out put #s 0 to 9
    Only fix is to set the games to xp sp 3 compatibility.
  7. It still does not work
    even when i tried doing what you said to do
    is there something else i can do or is this the only way you know of.
  8. Dk anything else.
  9. The correct answer to this problem is, Run your game as Administrator. This will fix your problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Keyboard Problems Keyboards