Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard problems, DRIVER?

Last response: in Windows 7
May 6, 2011 1:29:07 AM

I have the best cpu with windows7 64bit I just built it, I have no problems at all other than my keyboard, my keyboard types fine, but when it comes to gameing it gets confused I play splinter cell double agent, w,a,s, and d are the movement keys, when I press w it shows I pressed 1, when I press w again it shows I pressed 2 ect... it does this with w,a,s,d,c,q,e, and pretty much all the keys on the left side of the keyboard, my keyboard driver version is up to date but I can not fix this problem, is it the BIOS? HELP!!!
May 6, 2011 3:51:41 AM

fasthunterX said:
I have the best cpu with windows7 64bit I just built it, I have no problems at all other than my keyboard, my keyboard types fine, but when it comes to gameing it gets confused I play splinter cell double agent, w,a,s, and d are the movement keys, when I press w it shows I pressed 1, when I press w again it shows I pressed 2 ect... it does this with w,a,s,d,c,q,e, and pretty much all the keys on the left side of the keyboard, my keyboard driver version is up to date but I can not fix this problem, is it the BIOS? HELP!!!

I have the same problem with The Sims 3. The Alienware ppl made it so it would think it was running on vista, but i really wish for more of a fix because I'm having the same issue with other games. :/  If you figure out what to do lemme know.
m
l
May 6, 2011 4:01:37 AM

fasthunterX said:

Ok, I had trouble with "for example" Sony Vegas 9.0 Premium and I right clicked the desktop icon for it and click on trouble shoot than it set it to work as if it was on xp. It's working now. I don't want to have to do that with EVERY program, but atleast it works. :D  YAY!Mine craft i can't get to work cuz i play it on browser sometimes, but I did download it but it doesn't show up I have to keep downloading it. Anyway.. I'll stay tuned to see what anyone has to say. :D 
~BSG4JC
PS
btw my pc is only about 4 days old and it's from alienware and it's a great Gaming system too. :D 
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2011 4:23:16 AM

Mine is a desktop does it matter?
m
l
May 6, 2011 5:12:58 AM

i saw stuff on this and it was a lap top. Mine's a desktop. :o )
m
l
May 7, 2011 2:26:59 PM

My friend is having the same issues with his new computer. MSI P76 C43 B3 1600 mem Core i3 and win 7 64 bit
the problem is only with Games!! The keyboard cycles through numbers ex: any keystroke = 1-9 on the numeric part of the keyboard!! Only in Games / ventrillo when entering a PTT binding ect.. games WOW and Battlefield 2142 we have tried both types of keyboards ps/2 and usb and yes we are using the usb 2.0 ports on the board not the 3.0 please help thanks ...
m
l
May 7, 2011 9:05:04 PM

I have this problem ingame where the keys out put #s 0 to 9
Only fix is to set the games to xp sp 3 compatibility.
m
l
May 8, 2011 9:04:03 AM

It still does not work
even when i tried doing what you said to do
is there something else i can do or is this the only way you know of.
m
l
May 8, 2011 6:40:46 PM

Dk anything else.
m
l
June 28, 2011 5:13:20 PM

The correct answer to this problem is, Run your game as Administrator. This will fix your problems.
m
l
!