Setting up AD Users and Computers on desktop

I am configuring a new computer and we have AD running on our server. My
old PC had the AD Users and Computers console set up for our domain on it
when it was first configured about 2 years ago but I can't remember how to
set it up on the new system. A little help for the feeble minded please.

Thanks
Ray
PS. I probably won't be able to reply to any responses so please don't be
offended if I don't thank you for your help.

Insert the windows install disk into your cd (d: assumption here)

Install the following two system utilities:

d:\i386\adminpak.msi (This will get you what you are looking for)

d:\support\tools\suptools.exe (Great Utilities)

"Ray K." <ray.koury@vishay.com> wrote in message
>I am configuring a new computer and we have AD running on our server. My
> old PC had the AD Users and Computers console set up for our domain on it
> when it was first configured about 2 years ago but I can't remember how to
> set it up on the new system. A little help for the feeble minded please.
>
> Thanks
> Ray
> PS. I probably won't be able to reply to any responses so please don't be
> offended if I don't thank you for your help.

You'll find the adminpak on the Microsoft website and the support tools on
the 2k/ 2k3 CD.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Insert the windows install disk into your cd (d: assumption here)
>
> Install the following two system utilities:
>
> d:\i386\adminpak.msi (This will get you what you are looking for)
>
> d:\support\tools\suptools.exe (Great Utilities)
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> rights.
> "Ray K." <ray.koury@vishay.com> wrote in message
>>I am configuring a new computer and we have AD running on our server. My
>> old PC had the AD Users and Computers console set up for our domain on it
>> when it was first configured about 2 years ago but I can't remember how
>> set it up on the new system. A little help for the feeble minded please.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ray
>> PS. I probably won't be able to reply to any responses so please don't
>> be
>> offended if I don't thank you for your help.

Both are available on the cd