Canon Pixma IP4000 versus S820

Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)

TIA Gelf
5 answers Last reply
More about canon pixma ip4000 versus s820

    The ip4000 is much quieter, and yes you will notice improved photo printing.
    Disc printing is a breeze, also with excellent quality.

    Gelf wrote:

    >Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
    >get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
    >The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
    >if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
    >to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
    >really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
    >
    >TIA Gelf

    It prints terrific photos.

    I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however I
    prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950. Much faster, more versatile
    paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better. I haven't found the
    lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do wish
    that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
    market.

    "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
    > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
    > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
    > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
    > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
    > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
    >
    > TIA Gelf

    I have the UK IP4000, it was pretty expensive to get here, but I love it and
    will quickly make up the cost in saved ink costs. The nice part is that it's
    a multi-voltage printer, so no fancy electrics are needed in the USA.

    "Ron Cohen" <drc023@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however
    > prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950. Much faster, more versatile
    > paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better. I haven't found
    the
    > lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do
    wish
    > that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
    > market.
    >
    > "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    > > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
    > > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
    > > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
    > > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
    > > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
    > > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
    > >
    > > TIA Gelf

    op:
    Thanks for your replies. It looks like I'll get an IP4000 as soon as
    funds permit.
    Gelf

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:27:49 -0600, "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:

    >I have the UK IP4000, it was pretty expensive to get here, but I love it and
    >will quickly make up the cost in saved ink costs. The nice part is that it's
    >a multi-voltage printer, so no fancy electrics are needed in the USA.
    >

    >"Ron Cohen" <drc023@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however
    >> prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950. Much faster, more versatile
    >> paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better. I haven't found
    >the
    >> lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do
    >wish
    >> that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
    >> market.
    >>
    >> "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    >> > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
    >> > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
    >> > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
    >> > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
    >> > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
    >> > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
    >> >
    >> > TIA Gelf

Printers Pixma Canon Peripherals