  • Canon
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 12, 2005 9:54:07 PM

Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)

TIA Gelf

More about : canon pixma ip4000 versus s820

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 9:54:08 PM

The ip4000 is much quieter, and yes you will notice improved photo printing.
Disc printing is a breeze, also with excellent quality.

"Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
> TIA Gelf
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:51:06 PM

Gelf wrote:

>Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
>get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
>The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
>if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
>to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
>really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
>TIA Gelf

It prints terrific photos.
May 13, 2005 12:17:13 AM

I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however I
prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950. Much faster, more versatile
paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better. I haven't found the
lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do wish
that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
market.

"Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
> TIA Gelf
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:17:14 AM

I have the UK IP4000, it was pretty expensive to get here, but I love it and
will quickly make up the cost in saved ink costs. The nice part is that it's
a multi-voltage printer, so no fancy electrics are needed in the USA.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:D ROge.1087$ce6.349@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however
> prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950. Much faster, more versatile
> paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better. I haven't found
the
> lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do
wish
> that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
> market.
>
> "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
> >
> > TIA Gelf

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 3:28:09 AM

op:
Thanks for your replies. It looks like I'll get an IP4000 as soon as
funds permit.
Gelf

!