Getting my CD and DVD drives to use the autorun.exe, how?

Im trying to figure out how to make my cd and dvd drives autoplay or use the
autorun.exe files that come on game discs.

For example, I insert my Sims 2 disk into my DVD/CDRW drive and nothing
happens, but what I want is for it to bring up the menu that is controlled
by the autorun.exe file on the cd.

It used to do this, but it doesnt anymore.

I checked the help and support which tells me for multimedia open my
computer, choose the drive in question, then choose the cd content and
choose what action to perform, but it doesnt have a choice for game cd's, or
data discs etc.

So how do I reset this Sony Vaio to factory defaults to open the autorun.exe
file upon insertion of a game cd?

Thanks,

Here are a couple of articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135&Product=winxp