1/16 50k ohms

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Where can i buy this type of resistor? I found it at mouser electronics but the minimum amount I have to buy from them is 10,000. I havn't had any luck with digikey either.

edman007

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
any particuliar reason of 1/16 watt? 1/8 and 1/4 are easier to get and will work just fine unless you need the 1/16 for space reasons

and you want SMD or axial? if you need SMD i suppose you might be able to find one on some some old computer cards/boards, but you should be able to fit a 1/8 if its axial

also you might want to check radioshack, though their website seems to be down right now

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
the standard IEEE normalisation has only 47k and 56k values...
just buy a couple of them (they usually have 10% tolerance...the old one and 5 to 1% tolerance the new one) .....or simply use a reostat or a variable resistance...

of course you`ll gonna have to use a ohm-meter..
good luck

Raviolissimo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Idea #1
one approach that often works is to tell them you're an engineer working on a project that has considerable volume potential, and ask them to send you some free samples.

sort of a social engineering approach.

Idea #2
isn't this why God invented surplus electronics stores ?

Idea #3
ask nice on Craigslist. after people are done making fun of you, they might send you a resistor from their personal collection. suggest checking with an ohmmeter to make sure they didn't send you a zero-ohm resistor.