Deleting desktop background pics

Jenn

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Hi, I have some pics that have shown up on my desktop backgrounds list. I
currently keep the pics in a folder that is hidden and I do not know why they
have chosen to appear where they have. I have Windows XP and can't seem to
delete these background choices. When I right click I get "what's this?".
I've looked everywhere for a delete button! AAG Please help.
I read a previous post and went to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper ...but that
only has a few wallpaper selections on it & shows none of the ones I want to
delete! I don't want to delete the pics off of my computer altogether. I just
want them off of the general desktop backgrounds list. Thanks for your help!
Jenn

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Their probably in C:\Windows just sort by type then scroll down till you see
them.

"Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have some pics that have shown up on my desktop backgrounds list. I
> currently keep the pics in a folder that is hidden and I do not know why
they
> have chosen to appear where they have. I have Windows XP and can't seem to
> delete these background choices. When I right click I get "what's this?".
> I've looked everywhere for a delete button! AAG Please help.
> I read a previous post and went to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper ...but that
> only has a few wallpaper selections on it & shows none of the ones I want
> delete! I don't want to delete the pics off of my computer altogether. I
just
> want them off of the general desktop backgrounds list. Thanks for your
help!
> Jenn

All pictures that you save will also be listed in the desktop background
choices.
Try this, you say you have the ones you want saved to a folder, is that
folder separate from your 'My Pictures" folder?
If it is, right click an empty spot on your desktop, click
properties>desktop>browse. Then, right click>delete the ones you don't want
to appear in your background choices. This will remove it from both the
desktop background choices AND your "my Pictures" folder, however, if you
have saved them to a separate folder prior to this, that folder will contain
all your pictures.

I tried it, I created a NEW Folder on my desk top. I followed my own
instructions, deleted a picture, which sent it to the recycle bin, then, I
opened the recycle bin, and dragged the picture to the new folder that I
created on the desktop, then went back to see if the picture re-appeared in
the background choices, and it had not.