Deleting desktop background pics

Hi, I have some pics that have shown up on my desktop backgrounds list. I
currently keep the pics in a folder that is hidden and I do not know why they
have chosen to appear where they have. I have Windows XP and can't seem to
delete these background choices. When I right click I get "what's this?".
I've looked everywhere for a delete button! AAG Please help.
I read a previous post and went to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper ...but that
only has a few wallpaper selections on it & shows none of the ones I want to
delete! I don't want to delete the pics off of my computer altogether. I just
want them off of the general desktop backgrounds list. Thanks for your help!
Jenn
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting desktop background pics

    Their probably in C:\Windows just sort by type then scroll down till you see
    them.

    "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have some pics that have shown up on my desktop backgrounds list. I
    > currently keep the pics in a folder that is hidden and I do not know why
    they
    > have chosen to appear where they have. I have Windows XP and can't seem to
    > delete these background choices. When I right click I get "what's this?".
    > I've looked everywhere for a delete button! AAG Please help.
    > I read a previous post and went to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper ...but that
    > only has a few wallpaper selections on it & shows none of the ones I want
    > delete! I don't want to delete the pics off of my computer altogether. I
    just
    > want them off of the general desktop backgrounds list. Thanks for your
    help!
    > Jenn

    All pictures that you save will also be listed in the desktop background
    choices.
    Try this, you say you have the ones you want saved to a folder, is that
    folder separate from your 'My Pictures" folder?
    If it is, right click an empty spot on your desktop, click
    properties>desktop>browse. Then, right click>delete the ones you don't want
    to appear in your background choices. This will remove it from both the
    desktop background choices AND your "my Pictures" folder, however, if you
    have saved them to a separate folder prior to this, that folder will contain
    all your pictures.

    I tried it, I created a NEW Folder on my desk top. I followed my own
    instructions, deleted a picture, which sent it to the recycle bin, then, I
    opened the recycle bin, and dragged the picture to the new folder that I
    created on the desktop, then went back to see if the picture re-appeared in
    the background choices, and it had not.

    "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have some pics that have shown up on my desktop backgrounds list. I
    > currently keep the pics in a folder that is hidden and I do not know why
    they
    > have chosen to appear where they have. I have Windows XP and can't seem to
    > delete these background choices. When I right click I get "what's this?".
    > I've looked everywhere for a delete button! AAG Please help.
    > I read a previous post and went to C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper ...but that
    > only has a few wallpaper selections on it & shows none of the ones I want
    > delete! I don't want to delete the pics off of my computer altogether. I
    just
    > want them off of the general desktop backgrounds list. Thanks for your
    help!
    > Jenn

Desktops Windows XP