MY ultimate gaming rig....

newtist

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
okay everyone....ive been planning this for a while, pretty much most of the spring and summer up til now. this is my TRUE ultimate gaming rig. let me know what u guys think....

Processor:

But of course.....the Intel Core Duo E6600, i dont need anything more...i think a lil better than a FX-62 is good enouogh for me!!

Mobo:

so far ive come up with this...not too sure. recommendations r welcome
ASUS P5WD2-E Premium ATX Intel Motherboard

Video Card:
XFX Geforce 7950GX2

Hard Drive:

Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7200RPM 16 MB Cache

Memory:

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB)

PSU:
need some recommendations for this too
Rosewill RP600S-2MK 600W

Optical Drives:

Samsung 16X DVD -R DVD Burner

Sony IDE DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM

Sound Card:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Monitor:

i have done a LOT of research online for monitors...trust me. this is the one that best fits what im lookin for as far as a really good stand and also my whole black and silver look...

Dell Ultrasharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand

Keyboard:

i chose this because im not interested in the g15(has features i wouldnt even use) plus i wanted something good that was wireless. if someone can come up with something else wireless....that would be great
Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 967555-0403

Mouse:

Logitech G7 Black

here is a better view...

Logitech G7 Black

Speakers:

Logitech Z-5500

Case:

COOL MASTER CM Stacker Full Tower ATX/BTX

or maybe

Sunbeam Transformer ATX Full Tower with some white LED fans inside of it...

alright...thats it. the cost is slowly approaching the 3k mark so if anyone can recommend something for me that is cheaper but wont take away from the amazing power this thing will have.....recommend away! thanks in advance!

HotSauce

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
for the PSU
Maybe an OCZ powerstream or a PC power & cooling one. PCP&C are the best for high end systems. I'm telling u about these because I don't know about Rosewell.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Nice rig, nice parts, i would go with the coolermaster for now, I hear its one of the best on the market for full tower cases. As for keyboard, i own a g15 and its remarkably durable, plus its wired = No batteries . :D The mouse, the g7 is nice, i own a g5(wired so no batteries) but that g7 does look nice though, either one. The G5 is on sale i think still at newegg for 40 bucks or 45 so its a bargain. Otherwise, everything looks good. If your going for vista though in the future, may want to upgrade to 4GB of ram.

obobski

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
You shouldn't be considering hardware like the 7950 GX2, if you don't have the money for a power supply capable of driving it.

You should be considering a PSU from OCZ (Powerstream line), PC Power & Cooling, Antec (NeoHE line), and possibly PSU's from Enermax and Tagan.

newtist

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
i have money for a powersupply that can power a 7950...im just not going to buy a $400 psu. i think it will work jsut fine with like a 500-600w psu for somewhere around 100 or 150

busygamer01

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I think your pc is fine. I wouldn't consider it an "ultimate" pc, but it's your ultimate rig. I would recommend a Thermaltake case, an Enermax psu, and an Abit mobo. Other than that I think I will handle the games of today and tomorrow. :D

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
thanks...but the PCP&C psu's r WAY too expensive for me

FSP has a few power supplies that are a great deal for what you get. The factory that makes them is the same that makes PCP&C and mushkin. I've been told that the PCP&C components (like capacitors) are the highest quality of the three, followed by the mushkin, then FSP. I have not personally pulled any of the three apart to look at part numbers and confirm. Regardless, they all make excellent units, as does OCZ.

Don't saddle you system with an unknown power supply. If it dies it can potentially destroy other components in your PC.

My standard recommendation is the Seasonic S12 500 - 500w PSU which is $140 including shipping.

It is quiet, reliable, and very efficient. I have one in my PC and I cannot hear the fan. The voltages are pretty stable, the biggest variance I remember seeing was 2% at most. The PSU is also rated at up to 85% efficiency which means less energy is wasted from the AC outlet. Less wasted energy also means it doesn't generate as much heat as less efficient PSU, therefore the PC case can be cooled more effectively.

Other recommendations:

Antec NeoHE 500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - $100 including shipping

This PSU is also up to 85% efficient.

ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT 500w PSU - $105 including shipping.

SILVERSTONE SST-ST50EF ATX12V 500W Power Supply - $98 including shipping

I personally like the Seasonic S12, but it is also the most expensive out of all of my recommend power supplies.