Weird problem with a7v133 and GF2 gts

G

I was setting up a computer for a friend, and it won't boot.
Its a asus a7v133 motherboard (bios 1.04) and a thunderbird 1.333 (266mhz fsb) and a Asus 7700 GeForce2 gts.

When I switch the power on, I get 3 beeps from the motherboard, which, according to the manual, means that there is no graphic board present.
Ok, then I think the asus 7700 is toast, and try putting it into my machine, my machine boots without problems.
Then I think, well the motherboard is toast, and put my graphic card into it, and it boots without problems.

Then I think, the A7V133 and the Asus 7700 has problems together, and I put the Asus 7700 into another A7V133 in another machine, and it boots without problems.

I think: "weird".
I then take the graphic card (nvidia geforce 2 mx) from the other computer with A7V133, and put it into the weird A7V133, and it boots wothout problems.

To me, this doesn't make any sense... I guess something IS toast, but before I return either the A7V133 or the Thunderbird, do you have any suggestions?
Answers would be very welcome :)

G

Make sure the Graphics card is seated exactly correctly , the slightest movement can cause the MB to not see the card, I have had this problem with a few AGP cards.

M

if at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you ever tried...