Registry Edit using GPO's

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 21, 2005 5:02:02 PM

Hello

I have been asked to research deploying a registry edit to many of our
workstation using GPO in ADUC. What is the standard practice for such a
deployment.

Can someone point me towards a good KB article?

Thanks,

Mark

More about : registry edit gpo

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:48:47 AM

Mark Clark wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been asked to research deploying a registry edit to many of our
> workstation using GPO in ADUC. What is the standard practice for such a
> deployment.
>
> Can someone point me towards a good KB article?

standard practice is to prepare custom ADM file with additional settings
definition and import it into GPO. then you can deploy Your setting
using GPO.

Here you will find KB describing how to build your own ADM:

There is also good article about it somewhere on the MSDN.

Using custom ADM to deploy some settings in registry You have to
remember that If you will make a change in the registry outside of the
registry part which is meant to be used with GPO the entry will not be
deleted when the workstation will get out of this GPO scope - so You
have o take care about the "switched off" value for GPO.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

It happens that Mark Clark formulated :
> Hello
>
> I have been asked to research deploying a registry edit to many of our
> workstation using GPO in ADUC. What is the standard practice for such a
> deployment.
>
> Can someone point me towards a good KB article?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

once you get custom with the ADM format it's easy
mind you that you make use of the policies section in the registry
this makes the settings absolutely unchangeable for a user
and it can be reversed by simply deleting the section from the registry

grtz

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p