Search in AD Shortcut Key

Hi,

I would like to search for computers in Active Directory using a shortcut
key as soon as the User and Computer Console is open.
Does someone know the key combination to use. I know the find Computers &
Users is at the top on the tile bar but I would like to know using the
keyboard.

tia
Bert

"Bert" <winloxp@btopenworld.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I would like to search for computers in Active Directory using a
> shortcut key as soon as the User and Computer Console is open.
> Does someone know the key combination to use. I know the find
> Computers & Users is at the top on the tile bar but I would like to
> know using the keyboard.
>
> tia
> Bert

It's not much of an improvement, but...

Alt-A (to bring up the Action menu), then i (to invoke the Find dialog),
then Alt-D (to select the Find: dropdown) followed by Cursor-Down to
select Computers, finally, Alt-A to get to the computer name field.

Wayne

"Bert" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to search for computers in Active Directory using
> a shortcut
> key as soon as the User and Computer Console is open.
> Does someone know the key combination to use. I know the find
> Computers &
> Users is at the top on the tile bar but I would like to know
> using the
> keyboard.
>
> tia
> Bert

Hi,

If you are using W2K3 DCs you could define a query and save that into
ADUC

or use ADFIND from the command line. You can find it at
www.joeware.net
Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Search-AD-Shortcut-Key-ftopict548739.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1737295

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated

Bert