Rejoing DC after server crash

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to rejoin all the computers on a domain to the domain
controller after having formatted and restored the server. It's a single
server domain so no BDC available.

I usually go to each workstation and disconnect them from the domain and
join them to a workgroup and then reconnect them to the domain. But this is
tedious, especially when there's a couple dozen to do.

Question is: Is there an easier way?

TIA

~Michael

Michael Mishler wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a way to rejoin all the computers on a domain to the domain
> controller after having formatted and restored the server. It's a single
> server domain so no BDC available.
>
> I usually go to each workstation and disconnect them from the domain and
> join them to a workgroup and then reconnect them to the domain. But this is
> tedious, especially when there's a couple dozen to do.
>
> Question is: Is there an easier way?
>
> TIA
>
> ~Michael

You can use the NET COMPUTER command from commandline.
The syntax is: NET COMPUTER \\computername /ADD

- Oyvind

"Oyvind" wrote:
> Michael Mishler wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to rejoin all the computers on a
> domain to the domain
> > controller after having formatted and restored the server.
> It's a single
> > server domain so no BDC available.
> >
> > I usually go to each workstation and disconnect them from
> the domain and
> > join them to a workgroup and then reconnect them to the
> domain. But this is
> > tedious, especially when there's a couple dozen to do.
> >
> > Question is: Is there an easier way?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > ~Michael
> >

> You can use the NET COMPUTER command from commandline.
> The syntax is: NET COMPUTER \computername /ADD
>
> - Oyvind

Hi,

Try...

NETDOM RESET machine /Domain:domain [/Server:server]
[UserO:user] [/PasswordO:[password | *]]

NETDOM RESET Resets the secure connection between a workstation and a
domain
controller

machine is the name of the computer to be have the secure connection
reset

/Domain Specifies the domain with which to establish the
secure
connection

/Server Name of a specific domain controller that should be
used to
establish the secure connection.

/UserO User account used to make the connection with the
machine to
be reset

/PasswordO Password of the user account specified By /UserO. A *
means
to prompt for the password

cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Rejoing-DC-server-crash-ftopict548822.html