Becoming A Vampire

Hiya all, first time poster here, but have been reading this group for a
while now. Very helpful and informative =)
My question may have been addressed before but I'm curious:

I'd like to try out becoming a vampire. Unfortunately when creating my
character I didn't think about wood elves being so disease resistant. Any
tips on how to speed the process of catching the vampire disease as a wood
elf? I'd sat letting them beat me up for what seems like hours with no
luck. =(

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Weakness to common disease on self should work, if I remember right. You
can create a spell with this effect or use alchemy, but unsure now if
that works with unmodded alchemy (improved alchemy is one of my
always-installed mods). The spell is available without mods in any case,
you need to learn some weakness to disease spell and then visit a
spellmaker to create one with effect on self.

Peter