roaming profiles and/or tsprofiles

does anyone have a clear explanation of why to use/implement roaming
profiles and/or TS profiles

since there is no actual data in the profile since I redirected "my
documents" to another share
I wonder what the actual benefit is for using a roaming profile
a true mandatory profile actually loads faster

and furthermore why, at the same time, use a TS profile as well
since TS server derives his settings from the 'normal' profile
then why use yet another profile all together?

doesn't controlling the user settings thru GPO make more sense?

thnx

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p
1 answer Last reply
More about roaming profiles tsprofiles

    chriske911 wrote:
    > does anyone have a clear explanation of why to use/implement roaming
    > profiles and/or TS profiles
    >
    > since there is no actual data in the profile since I redirected "my
    > documents" to another share
    > I wonder what the actual benefit is for using a roaming profile
    > a true mandatory profile actually loads faster
    >
    > and furthermore why, at the same time, use a TS profile as well
    > since TS server derives his settings from the 'normal' profile
    > then why use yet another profile all together?
    >
    > doesn't controlling the user settings thru GPO make more sense?
    >
    > thnx

    Hi.

    From experience, I try to avoid using roaming profiles as much as
    possible. After some time, they grow largre, and cause lot's of network
    traffic. So I recommend, that if you don't absolutely need it, try to
    avoid using roaming profiles.

    - Oyvind

Active Directory Microsoft Roaming Profiles Windows