Not able to add an admin account

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 22, 2005 12:49:04 PM

Hi,

I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also have
AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of a
sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had "Domain
admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins" from
the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???

Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

More about : add admin account

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:03:20 PM

Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
is showing you the sid's.

load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind as
a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.

"semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
> have
> AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
> sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
> individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
> "Domain
> admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins" from
> the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
>
> Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
> admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:37:02 PM

Sorry the connection point should be one of your dc's.

"Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
> is showing you the sid's.
>
> load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
> try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind
> as a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> rights.
>

> "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
>> have
>> AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
>> sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
>> individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
>> "Domain
>> admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins"
>> from
>> the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
>>
>> Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
>> admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

Related resources
June 22, 2005 7:33:02 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks heaps for the info...do I load the AD tool on the Citrix server or
the DC?

Thanks

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> Sorry the connection point should be one of your dc's.
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
> > is showing you the sid's.
> >
> > load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
> > try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind
> > as a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> > rights.
> >

> > "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
> >> have
> >> AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
> >> sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
> >> individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
> >> "Domain
> >> admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins"
> >> from
> >> the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
> >>
> >> Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
> >> admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:00:26 PM

Citrix server

!