Not able to add an admin account

Hi,

I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also have
AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of a
sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had "Domain
admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins" from
the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???

Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.
4 answers Last reply
More about admin account

    Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
    is showing you the sid's.

    load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
    try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind as
    a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.

    "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
    > have
    > AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
    > sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
    > individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
    > "Domain
    > admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins" from
    > the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
    >
    > Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
    > admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

    Sorry the connection point should be one of your dc's.

    "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
    > is showing you the sid's.
    >
    > load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
    > try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind
    > as a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    > rights.
    >

    > "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
    >> have
    >> AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
    >> sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
    >> individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
    >> "Domain
    >> admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins"
    >> from
    >> the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
    >>
    >> Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
    >> admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks heaps for the info...do I load the AD tool on the Citrix server or
    the DC?

    Thanks

    "Paul Bergson" wrote:

    > Sorry the connection point should be one of your dc's.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    > "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and it
    > > is showing you the sid's.
    > >
    > > load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe) and
    > > try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and bind
    > > as a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    > > rights.
    > >

    > > "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I have a couple of W2K servers and one is running Citrix XPs. We also
    > >> have
    > >> AD running...things have been working fine for a year or so - now, all of
    > >> sudden my Citrix server is having a problem accepting "domain admins" or
    > >> individual accounts from the Domain controller. For example I had
    > >> "Domain
    > >> admin" under Manage / Groups area - now all I see when I add "admins"
    > >> from
    > >> the Domain controller is a bunch of number show up???
    > >>
    > >> Any ideas what on what might be happening? I need to be able to add an
    > >> admin account from the domain controller to my Citrix member server.

    Citrix server

    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > Thanks heaps for the info...do I load the AD tool on the Citrix server or
    > the DC?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Paul Bergson" wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry the connection point should be one of your dc's.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    >> rights.
    >>

    >> "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> > Sounds like your Citrix server has lost connectivity to your Domain and
    >> > it
    >> > is showing you the sid's.
    >> >
    >> > load the Ad tools from your install disk (d:\support\tools\setup.exe)
    >> > and
    >> > try running ldp. Select connect and try connecting on port 389 and
    >> > bind
    >> > as a domain admin to see if it has the connectivity.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >

    >> > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    >> > rights.
    >> >

    >> > "semi" <semi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Servers Domain Controller Citrix Windows