run scripts with administrative rights

Hi.

how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain user
profile?

i have a script that will run a batch file,
which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
everything runs as expected.

any idea?
thanks in advance.

Adam
3 answers Last reply
More about scripts administrative rights

    Adam,

    A 'Start up' script is run when the computer starts up and, thus, is run
    under the context of the local system. As such, it *should* have all of the
    rights and permissions that it needs.

    Are you talking about a logon script that is executed when a user logs on?

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain
    > user profile?
    >
    > i have a script that will run a batch file,
    > which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
    > it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
    > i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
    > everything runs as expected.
    >
    > any idea?
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > Adam

    Adam

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Adam,
    >
    > A 'Start up' script is run when the computer starts up and, thus, is run
    > under the context of the local system. As such, it *should* have all of
    > the rights and permissions that it needs.
    >
    > Are you talking about a logon script that is executed when a user logs on?
    >
    > --
    > Cary W. Shultz
    > Roanoke, VA 24012
    > Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >
    > http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    > http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >

    > "Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain
    >> user profile?
    >>
    >> i have a script that will run a batch file,
    >> which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
    >> it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
    >> i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
    >> everything runs as expected.
    >>
    >> any idea?
    >> thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Adam

    hi there.

    i get de info you mentioned too.
    but it doesnt work as it claims to be.
    maybe becos de user profile is not one of the local admin profile.

    i run at the computer configuratiion, startup script.

    Adam

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Adam,
    >
    > A 'Start up' script is run when the computer starts up and, thus, is run
    > under the context of the local system. As such, it *should* have all of
    > the rights and permissions that it needs.
    >
    > Are you talking about a logon script that is executed when a user logs on?
    >
    > --
    > Cary W. Shultz
    > Roanoke, VA 24012
    > Microsoft Active Directory MVP
    >
    > http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    > http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
    >

    > "Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain
    >> user profile?
    >>
    >> i have a script that will run a batch file,
    >> which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
    >> it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
    >> i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
    >> everything runs as expected.
    >>
    >> any idea?
    >> thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Adam

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows