run scripts with administrative rights

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 23, 2005 4:21:13 AM

Hi.

how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain user
profile?

i have a script that will run a batch file,
which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
everything runs as expected.

any idea?
thanks in advance.

Adam
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:36:13 PM

Adam,

A 'Start up' script is run when the computer starts up and, thus, is run
under the context of the local system. As such, it *should* have all of the
rights and permissions that it needs.

Are you talking about a logon script that is executed when a user logs on?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain
> user profile?
>
> i have a script that will run a batch file,
> which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
> it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
> i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
> everything runs as expected.
>
> any idea?
> thanks in advance.
>
> Adam

June 24, 2005 6:07:20 PM

Adam

"Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o EhvOoBeFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Adam,
>
> A 'Start up' script is run when the computer starts up and, thus, is run
> under the context of the local system. As such, it *should* have all of
> the rights and permissions that it needs.
>
> Are you talking about a logon script that is executed when a user logs on?
>
> --
> Cary W. Shultz
> Roanoke, VA 24012
> Microsoft Active Directory MVP
>
> http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
> http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com
>

> "Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> how could we run startup scripts with administrative rights, on domain
>> user profile?
>>
>> i have a script that will run a batch file,
>> which will run regsvr a .dll file into registry.
>> it works, but dont have the needed rights to do so.
>> i tried with adding the domain user as local admin,
>> everything runs as expected.
>>
>> any idea?
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> Adam

June 24, 2005 6:07:41 PM

hi there.

i get de info you mentioned too.
but it doesnt work as it claims to be.
maybe becos de user profile is not one of the local admin profile.

i run at the computer configuratiion, startup script.

!