Poll: Where do u get your Epson R200 Ink???

Where do you get your R200 Ink? In particular I'm interested in on line
sources.

Please follow the following format when posting:

link to website of supplier
epson original OR 3rd party
(if 3rd party then whole cartridge or just the ink)
cost for b&w (quantity in ml if applicable)
cost for color (quantity in ml if applicable)
shipping charges
you comments on the quality of ink and service

I purchase only genuine Epson cartridges for all my Epson printers. I never
use refilled, third-party, or generic ink cartridges. I buy them at Office
Depot, Staples or Circuit City.

Kajetan S. wrote:

>Where do you get your R200 Ink? In particular I'm interested in on line
>sources.
>
>Please follow the following format when posting:
>
>link to website of supplier
>epson original OR 3rd party
>(if 3rd party then whole cartridge or just the ink)
>cost for b&w (quantity in ml if applicable)
>cost for color (quantity in ml if applicable)
>shipping charges
>you comments on the quality of ink and service

You forgot one of the most important things; the manufacturer/formulator
of the ink. Knowing what you are buying is the most important thing.
At least with Epson OEM ink you know what you are getting. Too bad it
costs so much.

Kevin wrote:

>I purchase only genuine Epson cartridges for all my Epson printers. I never
>use refilled, third-party, or generic ink cartridges. I buy them at Office
>Depot, Staples or Circuit City.

I am sure you have less problems.

>"Kajetan S." <thanks@butnothanks.com> wrote in message
>

>>Where do you get your R200 Ink? In particular I'm interested in on line
>>sources.
>>
>>Please follow the following format when posting:
>>
>>link to website of supplier
>>epson original OR 3rd party
>>(if 3rd party then whole cartridge or just the ink)
>>cost for b&w (quantity in ml if applicable)
>>cost for color (quantity in ml if applicable)
>>shipping charges
>>you comments on the quality of ink and service

I would never deal with WeStink. They are way overpriced among others.

bart.frank@gmail.com wrote:

>I always stick with epson, have never tried any 3rd parties' one.
>
>but I am about to kick off either refilled cartridge or bulk ink
>cartridge.
>
>here are several of my choices:
>http://www.inkrepublic.com
>http://www.weink.com
>http://www.inksupply.com

BURT

For Canon compatable cartridges Weink CRU carts with formulabs ink are
actually very reasonable - BCI 6 carts are about $2.30. I have not used
them and can not comment on the cartridge itself, but the inks they are
filled with have been used successfully by people on this NG. Measekite
took offense because Weink posted on this NG. He has not done business with
them or used their products. His pejoritive name calling stems from his
opinion that they are spammers. If they are or are not is up to each
readers judgement. If someone can tell me that these carts function
properly I would not be reluctant to buy them for my i960 printer.

Burt wrote:

>For Canon compatable cartridges Weink

WeStink

>CRU carts with formulabs ink are
>actually very reasonable - BCI 6 carts are about $2.30. I have not used
>them and can not comment on the cartridge itself, but the inks they are
>filled with have been used successfully by people on this NG. Measekite
>took offense because Weink

WeStink cannot be trusted

>posted on this NG. He has not done business with
>them or used their products. His pejoritive name calling stems from his
>opinion that they are spammers.

Holier than now like to defend WeStink and others.

> If they are or are not is up to each
>readers judgement.

WeStink temporarily stopped spamming this NG. They do need to be called
out.

> If someone can tell me that these carts function
>properly I would not be reluctant to buy them for my i960 printer.

Are you tired of the pain in the ass refilling?

>>I would never deal with WeStink. They are way overpriced among others.
>>
>>bart.frank@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>>>I always stick with epson, have never tried any 3rd parties' one.
>>>
>>>but I am about to kick off either refilled cartridge or bulk ink
>>>cartridge.
>>>
>>>here are several of my choices:
>>>http://www.inkrepublic.com
>>>http://www.weink.com
>>>http://www.inksupply.com

BURT

Have you gone off your meds again? You were pleasant for nearly 24 hours.
I was very fair in letting people know your concern about this firm so that
they can make up their minds themselves. You have no idea about whether
they can be trusted as no one as posted a negative about their business
practices or products and you have never attempted to do business with them.
The fact is that others have used their products successfully and been
pleased with the way they do business. They sell carts with the brand ink
you said you would use if your printing volume was higher, and they sell
these carts at a very reasonable price. Your insistance on twisting their
name is pejorative and infantile. I am not holier than thou - I do
appreciate others expressing their viewpoints; I don't like your attempt at
bullying tactics. Again I will say that civility will lend more credence to
your posts and this kind of childish behaviour merely causes people to not
believe anything you write. I would expect someone with an MBA from
Stanford to have sufficient command of the language and adequate writing
skills to write convincingly without resorting to this kind of garbage.
Doubly glad my doctorate is from UC Berkeley if you are an example of our
archrival's grads.

> You forgot one of the most important things; the manufacturer/formulator
> of the ink. Knowing what you are buying is the most important thing. At
> least with Epson OEM ink you know what you are getting. Too bad it costs
> so much.

OK, are there any 3rd party ink manufacturers who are better than others?

Kajetan.

Cool. Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Kajetan.

<bart.frank@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I always stick with epson, have never tried any 3rd parties' one.
>
> but I am about to kick off either refilled cartridge or bulk ink
> cartridge.
>
> here are several of my choices:
> http://www.inkrepublic.com
> http://www.weink.com
> http://www.inksupply.com

Humm, now I'm getting nervous, it seems nobody in this group actually uses
anything other than genuine Epson ink!

Kajetan.

Kajetan S. wrote:

>Cool. Keep us posted as to how it goes.
>
>Kajetan.
>
><bart.frank@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I always stick with epson, have never tried any 3rd parties' one.
>>
>>but I am about to kick off either refilled cartridge or bulk ink
>>cartridge.
>>
>>here are several of my choices:
>>http://www.inkrepublic.com
>>http://www.weink.com
>>http://www.inksupply.com

WeStink is a ripoff. Some say inksupply's UNBRANDED MIS Label ink is ok
for the Canon. Have not heard anything about HP or Epson.

shooter

Ships world wide http://www.247inkshop.co.uk/ I use their ink on an Epson
2100 and R300 with no problems whatever and photo's the quality I have never
seen with Epson ink. I will never use Pigmented ink again.

> Humm, now I'm getting nervous, it seems nobody in this group actually uses
> anything other than genuine Epson ink!
>
> Kajetan.
>
> "Kajetan S." <thanks@butnothanks.com> wrote in message
> > Where do you get your R200 Ink? In particular I'm interested in on line
> > sources.
> >
> > Please follow the following format when posting:
> >
> > link to website of supplier
> > epson original OR 3rd party
> > (if 3rd party then whole cartridge or just the ink)
> > cost for b&w (quantity in ml if applicable)
> > cost for color (quantity in ml if applicable)
> > shipping charges
> > you comments on the quality of ink and service

You haven't been reading this forum very long then.

The R200 is a dye ink printer. There are many choices for dye inks that
will work with Epson printers. I can't answer if many 3rd party inks
are yet introduced for the R200, because it is still a "relatively" new
printer, and 3rd party cartridges take a while to roll out onto the
market, but I expect there are some out, and more will follow.

Art

In article <7-adnbfU7c-Hex7fRVn-iQ@rogers.com>,
"Kajetan S." <thanks@butnothanks.com> wrote:

> Where do you get your R200 Ink? In particular I'm interested in on line
> sources.
>
> Please follow the following format when posting:
>
> link to website of supplier
> epson original OR 3rd party
> (if 3rd party then whole cartridge or just the ink)
> cost for b&w (quantity in ml if applicable)
> cost for color (quantity in ml if applicable)
> shipping charges
> you comments on the quality of ink and service

My local Costco sells a set of Epson R200 ink cartridges for about US$56.

--
Gordon Alley <*>
<mailto:galley@texas.net>