Active Directory User Accounts

I have a live Windows 2000 Server (Domain Controller/AD) and a test Windows
2000 Server. I restored from backup tape my live server to my test server
about a month ago. My backup software is Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 for
Windows. I have created addtional active directory users on my live server.
In addition, I have changed active directory user passwords on my live
server. Now, I want to update my test server with the additional users
created and the updated user account passwords that were changed on my live
server. How do I accomplish this task? Do I restore from backup tape a
portion of the system state? If so, what portion? Or, is there a better
method to accomplish what I am trying to do? Thank You!

--
Paul
1 answer Last reply

    do a whole restore of the system state

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    >I have a live Windows 2000 Server (Domain Controller/AD) and a test Windows
    > 2000 Server. I restored from backup tape my live server to my test server
    > about a month ago. My backup software is Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 for
    > Windows. I have created addtional active directory users on my live
    > server.
    > In addition, I have changed active directory user passwords on my live
    > server. Now, I want to update my test server with the additional users
    > created and the updated user account passwords that were changed on my
    > live
    > server. How do I accomplish this task? Do I restore from backup tape a
    > portion of the system state? If so, what portion? Or, is there a better
    > method to accomplish what I am trying to do? Thank You!
    >
    > --
    > Paul

Servers Backup Active Directory Windows