Active sync when not connected locking device

December 10, 2004 7:16:49 PM

I have another issue....

Sometimes I will turn on my device to do something and the screen will come
up with the active sync symbol in the center. The device hangs up as if it
is trying to connect to sync even though it is not in the cradle or
connected to a PC. The only way out of it seems to be a soft reset.

Any ideas?

James
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 7:16:50 PM

James,

What brand/model of P/PC do you have?

I have experienced some of these things as well on my ViewSonic V36.
However, I also have discovered that when I am low on Main Memory, I get
these kinds of goofy errors that you are describing.

Not really a resolution for you but something to look into on your unit.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"JamesL" <forgeddaboudit@spamblock.duh> wrote in message
>I have another issue....
>

> Sometimes I will turn on my device to do something and the screen will
> come up with the active sync symbol in the center. The device hangs up as
> if it is trying to connect to sync even though it is not in the cradle or
> connected to a PC. The only way out of it seems to be a soft reset.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> James

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:20:37 PM

I have a Dell Axim X5.

It never used to do this. Only recently has it started. I have not noticed
a correlation to low main memory but I can not discount that either.

James

"Clinton Fitch III" <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote in
message news:uVLMgYt3EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!