SP2 Problem - Blocks saving JPGs and GIFs - Only allows BM..

steven

I installed XP SP2 yesterday.

But now when using IE 6 I can not save a JPG or GIF
to my hard drive. Right clicking on a JPG or GIF only
allows a BMP to be saved - not the original graphic format.
It used to work just fine prior to installing SP2.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I tried a search on the MS site, but it came back no
information on this problem.

Steve

Hi Steve

Try clearing out the TIF folder. Then attempt to save the files as you want
to.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

<steven@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I installed XP SP2 yesterday.
>
> But now when using IE 6 I can not save a JPG or GIF
> to my hard drive. Right clicking on a JPG or GIF only
> allows a BMP to be saved - not the original graphic format.
> It used to work just fine prior to installing SP2.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?
>
> I tried a search on the MS site, but it came back no
> information on this problem.
>
> Steve

steven

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:18:46 +0100, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi Steve
>
>Try clearing out the TIF folder. Then attempt to save the files as you want
>to.

I completed a search of my hard drive.
There is no TIF folder present.

Steve

Hi Steve

The Temporary Internet Files folder. It can be cleared via Internet
Explorer - Tools>Internet Options - on the General tab click Delete Files.

--

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:18:46 +0100, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Steve
>>
>>Try clearing out the TIF folder. Then attempt to save the files as you
>>want
>>to.
>
> I completed a search of my hard drive.
> There is no TIF folder present.
>
> Steve

steven

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:56:22 +0100, "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi Steve
>
>The Temporary Internet Files folder. It can be cleared via Internet
>Explorer - Tools>Internet Options - on the General tab click Delete Files.

That fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve and will

Thanks for your help I have had the same error while trying to save JPG's
from the net and it looks like it has worked (I had to wait over 10 mins for
the files to be deleted) I am unsure if I have SP1 or SP2 can either of you
advise as to where i can find this info.

Thanks Nigel Read (Bristol)