Domain User Password Problem

Hi,

I have a windows 2000 domain controller.one domain only. I created domain
users with enabling the option of "User must change password at the next
logon". So that the user is prompted and can have his own customized
password.

While I try to login from a workstation (windows 200 professional /windows
XP) the system doesn't allow me to login.If I remove that option I could
login to the system with the old assigned password.

I tried to login from a windows 2003 server to the domain controller and to
my surprise it does ask to change the password.

Does anyone got any solution to this?

Regards
Vikrant

More about domain user password problem

    Vikrant,

    In a WIN2000 Domain you have set it up so that the user must change password
    at the next logon. How did you do this? Did you do it via a script or did
    you do it via the ADUC MMC ( where you went to each and every user account
    object and checked that little check box )?

    I am assuming that from the WIN2003 Server you are doing it with the
    Administrator account?

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Vikrant" <vikrant_nath(remove this part)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a windows 2000 domain controller.one domain only. I created domain
    > users with enabling the option of "User must change password at the next
    > logon". So that the user is prompted and can have his own customized
    > password.
    >
    > While I try to login from a workstation (windows 200 professional /windows
    > XP) the system doesn't allow me to login.If I remove that option I could
    > login to the system with the old assigned password.
    >
    > I tried to login from a windows 2003 server to the domain controller and
    > my surprise it does ask to change the password.
    >
    > Does anyone got any solution to this?
    >
    > Regards
    > Vikrant

Domain Login Domain Controller Windows