Install of DNS into ADS

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 28, 2005 10:34:35 AM

I'm not sure if this goes in the ADS or DNS forum:

I have two 2003 servers, one that has ads installed on it without dns. The
second server does have dns on it, but it doesn't seem to have all the ad
stuff in the forward zone. How do I reinstall the dns so that it will have
the ad required information?

thanks.

More about : install dns ads

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:26:49 PM

Bob Postings wrote:
> I'm not sure if this goes in the ADS or DNS forum:
>
> I have two 2003 servers, one that has ads installed on it without dns. The
> second server does have dns on it, but it doesn't seem to have all the ad
> stuff in the forward zone. How do I reinstall the dns so that it will have
> the ad required information?

Before reinstalling something try to determine which data You are
missing and why and try to re-register this data.

Take a look at %systemroot%\system32\config\netlogon.dns file - are
there any lines with semicolon?
Try to run netdiag /fix to re-register those entries.

Try to restart netlogn service and then check the netlogon.dns file. If
still there is a problem with registering some names You can enable
netlogon debugging.

Run netdiag /v - any problems?

--
Tomasz Onyszko