Epson C63/ C65 Problem

We use several dozen of Epsn C63 / C65 printer in the office under W2K
or WXP.

However, there are many users reported that there is usually in trouble
when print to C63 / C65. The error message is "Insufficient spce /
Resource" (something like that). They are always unable to print or
only print 1 or 2 pages and then stop. They have to print 3 times for
print a 3 pages document ?!

I have confirmed that user's PC has sufficient disk space and the spool
setting is in a disk with sufficient space.

We have also the Epson C60 printer but it seems it runs very smooth.

Do you guys have similar experience and could you advise how to solve ?

million thanks !!
10 answers Last reply
More about epson problem

    check with your system resource - like memory, virtual memory.
    does it happen all the time? have you ever tried to reboot your
    computer?

    Yes, I have checked all related resource and even reboot the computer.

    It seems that the problem is due to the software driver. It is because
    whenever I plugged another printer (say Epson C60) and it runs very
    well without problem !!

    Besides, there are not only 1 or 2 PC experiencing this problem. In
    fact, around 80% of PC using C63 /C65 who facing the same problem.

    Any suggestion ?

    stephenwong wrote:
    > We use several dozen of Epsn C63 / C65 printer in the office under W2K
    > or WXP.
    >
    > However, there are many users reported that there is usually in trouble
    > when print to C63 / C65. The error message is "Insufficient spce /
    > Resource" (something like that). They are always unable to print or
    > only print 1 or 2 pages and then stop. They have to print 3 times for
    > print a 3 pages document ?!
    >
    > I have confirmed that user's PC has sufficient disk space and the spool
    > setting is in a disk with sufficient space.
    >
    > We have also the Epson C60 printer but it seems it runs very smooth.
    >
    > Do you guys have similar experience and could you advise how to solve ?
    >
    > million thanks !!

    Change where your printer spools to a different drive and also change
    the size of the spool file size.....

    Tim

    how to change the spool size ?

    tks

    You need to tell us a bit more, like what kind of computer you are using
    (PC or MAc) what OS you are using (Win 95,ME,98,XP or OS 9, OS X, Tiger,
    etc.) .

    Do you know where your print spooling is currently maintained (which
    drive or folder)?

    In general, the spool size is variable depending upon the printer's need
    for that particular file, but it is limited by hard drive space or, in
    some cases contiguous hard drive space (that space that is not
    fragmented). It is often a good idea to keep your spool on a disk
    partition that is not used for Photoshop scratch disk or other virtual
    memory and to keep in defragged regularly to make sure it is contiguous.

    Art

    stephenwong wrote:

    > how to change the spool size ?
    >
    > tks

    Hi, all users with Epson C63/C65 Printer are using Win2000 or WinXP.

    We have also checked with the spool location and we can confirmed that
    the location is in a disk with sufficient disk space.

    For example, a PC with only 1 disk with 20G free disk space. However,
    user may also report error about "Insuffient Resource" whenever he
    print a only 3 pages simple text document !?

    Insufficient Resource may be referring to something other than disk
    space for the spooling of the image. May be a memory problem, or other
    resource that is getting too low.

    Art

    stephenwong wrote:

    > Hi, all users with Epson C63/C65 Printer are using Win2000 or WinXP.
    >
    > We have also checked with the spool location and we can confirmed that
    > the location is in a disk with sufficient disk space.
    >
    > For example, a PC with only 1 disk with 20G free disk space. However,
    > user may also report error about "Insuffient Resource" whenever he
    > print a only 3 pages simple text document !?

    how to fix ?? Any ideas ??

    thx

    On 24 May 2005 23:50:00 -0700, "stephenwong"
    <stephen.wong@egltours.com> wrote:

    >how to fix ?? Any ideas ??

    Use a number 2 Robertson screw driver to turn a screw.

    I'm afraid you are going to have to be a lot more specific. What is the
    problem with your printer, exactly?

    Art

    stephenwong wrote:

    > how to fix ?? Any ideas ??