Export "managed by" from active directory

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I need to export a list of all universal distributions groups in a certain
OU with the "managed by" person.
If I navigate to the correct OU, I can sort the type to ge a list of all
universal distribution groups, but I can't add the "managed by" column.
If I set a filter to set specific options for the "managed by" field, I need
to add a username, not present etc.
What I need is a list that I can export to excel with all these users.

If anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Greg

greg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to export a list of all universal distributions groups in a certain
> OU with the "managed by" person.
> If I navigate to the correct OU, I can sort the type to ge a list of all
> universal distribution groups, but I can't add the "managed by" column.
> If I set a filter to set specific options for the "managed by" field, I need
> to add a username, not present etc.
> What I need is a list that I can export to excel with all these users.
>
> If anyone has an idea?

csvde -f ou.csv -s <DC> -d "DC=domain,DC=com"
-r"(objectClass=organizationalUnit") -l "distinguishedName,managedBy"

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok, thanks for the info.
But I don't know exactly how to use it!
Could you clarify a bit for me please?

Thanks,

Greg

greg wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info.
> But I don't know exactly how to use it!
> Could you clarify a bit for me please?

CSVDE is command line tool which lets You export some data from AD to
comma separted file. You have to run this command line which I gave You
in my previous post on the DC or workstation connected to domain and as
an output You will get CSV file (ou.csv) with Distinguished name and
managedby values for OUs in domain.

-d switch specifies the base for the search (in this sample it is whole
domain domain.com)

-l switch lets You specify which attributes for OUs You will get in output

-s is a name of a DC to which You want to connect

DCS file can be easily imported to Excel.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

Hi Tomasz ,

I believe Greg has provided very good info. Here, I would like to list the
following articles which address CSVDE for your reference:
Import or export directory objects using csvde
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003R2Beta2/Librar
y/ADAM/e1e94278-87b5-4394-af49-db07143be6f7.mspx

How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620

Any update, let's get in touch!

Best regards,

Rebecca Chen

MCSE2000 MCDBA CCNA

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

Rebecca Chen [MSFT] wrote:
> Hi Tomasz ,
>
> I believe Greg has provided very good info. Here, I would like to list the
> following articles which address CSVDE for your reference:
> Import or export directory objects using csvde
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003R2Beta2/Librar
> y/ADAM/e1e94278-87b5-4394-af49-db07143be6f7.mspx
>
> How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active Directory
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620
>
> Any update, let's get in touch!

Hi Rebecca,

I know this that's why I pointed Greg to csvde as a tool.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

Sorry for my incorrect address, Tomasz !

I replied to Greg that you have provided very good info. :)

Greg, please try csvde to test the result and post back if you have any
udpate.

Rebecca Chen [MSFT] wrote:
> Sorry for my incorrect address, Tomasz !

not a problem at all

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl