Export "managed by" from active directory

Hi,

I need to export a list of all universal distributions groups in a certain
OU with the "managed by" person.
If I navigate to the correct OU, I can sort the type to ge a list of all
universal distribution groups, but I can't add the "managed by" column.
If I set a filter to set specific options for the "managed by" field, I need
to add a username, not present etc.
What I need is a list that I can export to excel with all these users.

If anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Greg
7 answers Last reply
More about export managed active directory

    greg wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to export a list of all universal distributions groups in a certain
    > OU with the "managed by" person.
    > If I navigate to the correct OU, I can sort the type to ge a list of all
    > universal distribution groups, but I can't add the "managed by" column.
    > If I set a filter to set specific options for the "managed by" field, I need
    > to add a username, not present etc.
    > What I need is a list that I can export to excel with all these users.
    >
    > If anyone has an idea?

    csvde -f ou.csv -s <DC> -d "DC=domain,DC=com"
    -r"(objectClass=organizationalUnit") -l "distinguishedName,managedBy"

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    Ok, thanks for the info.
    But I don't know exactly how to use it!
    Could you clarify a bit for me please?

    Thanks,

    Greg

    greg wrote:
    > Ok, thanks for the info.
    > But I don't know exactly how to use it!
    > Could you clarify a bit for me please?

    CSVDE is command line tool which lets You export some data from AD to
    comma separted file. You have to run this command line which I gave You
    in my previous post on the DC or workstation connected to domain and as
    an output You will get CSV file (ou.csv) with Distinguished name and
    managedby values for OUs in domain.

    -d switch specifies the base for the search (in this sample it is whole
    domain domain.com)

    -l switch lets You specify which attributes for OUs You will get in output

    -s is a name of a DC to which You want to connect

    DCS file can be easily imported to Excel.

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    Hi Tomasz ,

    I believe Greg has provided very good info. Here, I would like to list the
    following articles which address CSVDE for your reference:
    Import or export directory objects using csvde
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003R2Beta2/Librar
    y/ADAM/e1e94278-87b5-4394-af49-db07143be6f7.mspx

    How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active Directory
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620

    Any update, let's get in touch!

    Best regards,

    Rebecca Chen

    MCSE2000 MCDBA CCNA

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    Rebecca Chen [MSFT] wrote:
    > Hi Tomasz ,
    >
    > I believe Greg has provided very good info. Here, I would like to list the
    > following articles which address CSVDE for your reference:
    > Import or export directory objects using csvde
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003R2Beta2/Librar
    > y/ADAM/e1e94278-87b5-4394-af49-db07143be6f7.mspx
    >
    > How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active Directory
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620
    >
    > Any update, let's get in touch!

    Hi Rebecca,

    I know this that's why I pointed Greg to csvde as a tool.

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    Sorry for my incorrect address, Tomasz !

    I replied to Greg that you have provided very good info. :)

    Greg, please try csvde to test the result and post back if you have any
    udpate.

    Best regards,

    Rebecca Chen

    MCSE2000 MCDBA CCNA

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:31:02 +0200
    >From: Tomasz Onyszko <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl>
    >Subject: Re: Export "managed by" from active directory
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
    >
    >Rebecca Chen [MSFT] wrote:
    >> Hi Tomasz ,
    >>
    >> I believe Greg has provided very good info. Here, I would like to list
    the
    >> following articles which address CSVDE for your reference:
    >> Import or export directory objects using csvde

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003R2Beta2/Librar
    >> y/ADAM/e1e94278-87b5-4394-af49-db07143be6f7.mspx
    >>
    >> How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active
    Directory
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620
    >>
    >> Any update, let's get in touch!
    >
    >Hi Rebecca,
    >
    >I know this that's why I pointed Greg to csvde as a tool.
    >

    >--
    >Tomasz Onyszko
    >http://www.w2k.pl

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

    Rebecca Chen [MSFT] wrote:
    > Sorry for my incorrect address, Tomasz !

    not a problem at all

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

Distribution Microsoft Active Directory Windows