What's the difference

Shingooooo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

What is the distinction between

Account lockout duration and Reset account lockout counter after

i think that is the same thing

why

"" wrote:
> What is the distinction between
>
> Account lockout duration and Reset account lockout counter
> after
>
> i think that is the same thing
>
> why

no they are not!

"Account lockout duration" means: when the account lockout threshold
has been reached lock the account for the amount of time configured

"Reset account lockout counter after" means: until reaching the
account lockout threshold a DC counts the number of bad login attempts
and increases the count with 1 when a bad attempt occurs. If more than
the value of time configured passes between two bad login attempts the
account lockout counter is reset to 0 (zero)

as you can see.. there is a difference!

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-difference-ftopict551419.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747126

Shingooooo wrote:
> What is the distinction between
>
> Account lockout duration and Reset account lockout counter after
>
> i think that is the same thing

Please take a look at my answer to Your post at
microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory

In future please use FUT option when You are posting for multiple groups.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl