Administrative tools

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 29, 2005 8:54:58 PM

HI

I have a question. I am trying to remove items from the control panel in a
terminal server environment. I have removed all of the unneccesary .cpl
items - but I would like to remove the "administrative tools" folder. How
can I do this by a policy?

We are using a win2000 domain controller, and the policy is linked to the OU
containing my terminal servers

Thx

More about : administrative tools

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:54:59 PM

"" wrote:
> HI
>
> I have a question. I am trying to remove items from the
> control panel in a
> terminal server environment. I have removed all of the
> unneccesary .cpl
> items - but I would like to remove the "administrative tools"
> folder. How
> can I do this by a policy?
>
> We are using a win2000 domain controller, and the policy is
> linked to the OU
> containing my terminal servers
>
> Thx

In the loopback policy of the TS servers use:

GPO- user configuration - Administrative Templates - Control Panel:

Hide specified control panel applets

OR

Show only specified control panel applets

what ever is easier for you

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Administr...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747127