Administrative tools

HI

I have a question. I am trying to remove items from the control panel in a
terminal server environment. I have removed all of the unneccesary .cpl
items - but I would like to remove the "administrative tools" folder. How
can I do this by a policy?

We are using a win2000 domain controller, and the policy is linked to the OU
containing my terminal servers

Thx
1 answer Last reply
More about administrative tools

    "" wrote:
    > HI
    >
    > I have a question. I am trying to remove items from the
    > control panel in a
    > terminal server environment. I have removed all of the
    > unneccesary .cpl
    > items - but I would like to remove the "administrative tools"
    > folder. How
    > can I do this by a policy?
    >
    > We are using a win2000 domain controller, and the policy is
    > linked to the OU
    > containing my terminal servers
    >
    > Thx

    In the loopback policy of the TS servers use:

    GPO- user configuration - Administrative Templates - Control Panel:

    Hide specified control panel applets

    OR

    Show only specified control panel applets

    what ever is easier for you

    Cheers,

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Administrative-tools-ftopict551420.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747127