New Build, No Video

Just got my new build together...

Cooler Master Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Case
Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
Intel D975XBXLKR Motherboard
Intel Pentium D940 3.2 Ghz LGA775 Dual Core
Corsair XMS 2x1GB 240 Pin DDR2 675 PC25400

Viewsonic 19" 2MS VX922

No beeps from post, everything seems to be running fine but I get no video display on the LCD, I tried both DVI ports on the vid card. Any suggestions?

I am going to try another monitor right now, and also a cable converter to D-Sub just for kicks.
8 answers Last reply
More about build video
  1. Okay, I moved the graphics card from the 1st primary PCI-E slot to the second one and it works fine... so here is a question.

Can I leave it here and run it or should I get it working in the first one? Or better yet, why wont it work in the first one??
  2. I'm not sure on the motherboard problem, sounds like it's broken to me.
    I think you should get the 1. PCI-E slot working first, I think it's pretty harmless to set the GPU card in the 2. PCI-E slot.
  3. There are no differences between the two pci-e slots unless you SLI or CF.

Your choices.

1. Try to get it to work
    2. Be happy it's working in the second slot and leave it be
    3. RMA the motherboard
  4. Check the manual. I believe you have to use a specific slot for a single GPU configuration, and i've believe most use the 2nd, not the first slot; most of the time making the first PCI slot un-usable . .
  5. Quote:
    Check the manual. I believe you have to use a specific slot for a single GPU configuration, and i've believe most use the 2nd, not the first slot; most of the time making the first PCI slot un-usable . .

thanks for that bit of info, I will flip through the manual again and see what it says
  6. Quote:
    Check the manual. I believe you have to use a specific slot for a single GPU configuration, and i've believe most use the 2nd, not the first slot; most of the time making the first PCI slot un-usable . .

+1 My roommate has a eVGA mobo and he can't use the top most slot for a single video card, he has to use the middle one, or course this was after several hours of dicking around till we read the manual.

It's fine dude, just deal with it.
  7. yup, they print those things for some reason. . . :P
  8. Well I read mine initially and it mentioned using the first slot instead of the 2nd but I may have not read it all in complete detail, obviously! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt New Build Systems