XP states a reboot required each time

papa

I have been setting up a PC and now each time it starts
it says a reboot is required for changes to take effect.
I have don ethis many times. Anyone know the registry key
I need to modify?

Hi, Papa.

Not clear from your message: Are you running WinXP Setup? Or are you now
trying to configure WinXP or install applications, after WinXP is already
installed? Which hardware, or which applications?

"Setting up a PC" is rather vague. :^{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"papa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been setting up a PC and now each time it starts
> it says a reboot is required for changes to take effect.
> I have don ethis many times. Anyone know the registry key
> I need to modify?

"papa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have been setting up a PC and now each time it starts
| it says a reboot is required for changes to take effect.
| I have don ethis many times. Anyone know the registry key
| I need to modify?

Here's a little program that might help track down the cause.

http://www.exodus-dev.com/products/WhyReboot/

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.