Permit Logon Target Server by Day

Can I restrict user account logon to particular server only on certain DATE?
e.g. PCWKST001 can be logon by this user account on July 1st to July 5th only.

You can restrict a user to a date range but not a particular DC. Not sure
how you would force a user to a particular DC for logon. If you tried to
test via a script the best you could do was log them off.

"KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I restrict user account logon to particular server only on certain
> DATE?
> e.g. PCWKST001 can be logon by this user account on July 1st to July 5th
> only.

Hi Paul:

Thanks for your reply.
I just want to restrict the several user id logon to the particular server.
do you have any samples that can direct me to the solution?

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> You can restrict a user to a date range but not a particular DC. Not sure
> how you would force a user to a particular DC for logon. If you tried to
> test via a script the best you could do was log them off.
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I restrict user account logon to particular server only on certain
> > DATE?
> > e.g. PCWKST001 can be logon by this user account on July 1st to July 5th
> > only.

You can't specify a particular DC, the client will authenticate to the first
dc in its site that responds to a request. If no dc responds in a specific
time frame it will go outside the site for authentication.

> Hi Paul:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I just want to restrict the several user id logon to the particular
> server.
> do you have any samples that can direct me to the solution?
>

> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
>> You can restrict a user to a date range but not a particular DC. Not
>> sure
>> how you would force a user to a particular DC for logon. If you tried to
>> test via a script the best you could do was log them off.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

>> rights.
>>

>> "KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can I restrict user account logon to particular server only on certain
>> > DATE?
>> > e.g. PCWKST001 can be logon by this user account on July 1st to July
>> > 5th
>> > only.

OK. Thanks.
I was thinking restrict by edit some scripts in "usrlogon.cmd" only.

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> You can't specify a particular DC, the client will authenticate to the first
> dc in its site that responds to a request. If no dc responds in a specific
> time frame it will go outside the site for authentication.
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Paul:
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> > I just want to restrict the several user id logon to the particular
> > server.
> > do you have any samples that can direct me to the solution?
> >

> > "Paul Bergson" wrote:
> >
> >> You can restrict a user to a date range but not a particular DC. Not
> >> sure
> >> how you would force a user to a particular DC for logon. If you tried to
> >> test via a script the best you could do was log them off.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

All that is going to tell you is what server you have logged on to.

See http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/23873/23873.html

> OK. Thanks.
> I was thinking restrict by edit some scripts in "usrlogon.cmd" only.
>

> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
>> You can't specify a particular DC, the client will authenticate to the
>> first
>> dc in its site that responds to a request. If no dc responds in a
>> specific
>> time frame it will go outside the site for authentication.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

>> rights.
>>

>> "KHWong" <KHWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Paul:
>> >
>> > Thanks for your reply.
>> > I just want to restrict the several user id logon to the particular
>> > server.
>> > do you have any samples that can direct me to the solution?

TRENDING THREADS