Dell Axim x30 A5 Update Screwed up Media Player

December 11, 2004 12:20:34 AM

I got the x30 A5 Update and installed, it took me
20 minutes to get my unit to sync over USB afterwards
But it includes a new version of WMP, WMP 10 I believe.
It works except that Full Screen Video plays upside down.

Is there a way to fix this, short of switching the screen to landscape
modem in the direction I want. Before it use to oreint it, for
righthanded landscape, now its left handed, and annoying.

Steve R
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 1:17:51 PM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:20:34 GMT, Steve Ramage <vanforsale6@sjrx.net>
wrote:

>I got the x30 A5 Update and installed, it took me
>20 minutes to get my unit to sync over USB afterwards
>But it includes a new version of WMP, WMP 10 I believe.
>It works except that Full Screen Video plays upside down.
>
>Is there a way to fix this, short of switching the screen to landscape
>modem in the direction I want. Before it use to oreint it, for
>righthanded landscape, now its left handed, and annoying.
>
>Steve R
Steve,

Just so you know -

I have X30h, installed A05 a week or so ago, and I am not having any
problems other than the quirk in WMP. Syncing is just fine, and I also
have Intellisync in addition installed as I use Lotus Organizer rather
than Outlook.

I checked WMP10 and it rotates just fine (right-handed for me), back
and forth IF I rotate before playing. You are right though that if WMP
switches automatically to fullscreen, it rotates "left". Can't find
any option to change this behaviour. Maybe Bill Gates is left-handed?

Other functions seemed to speed up a bit with A05 - PDFs are quicker
in AcrobatReader, and finding a WiFi hotspot is a lot quicker now with
Odyssey client

-
Glen

Ottawa

(Remove the ".NIT.invalid" from the end of my address)
!