Redirect individual My Document folder

I know how to configure Group Policy to allow redirection of My
Document folders but I do not wish all users folders to be redirected,
just one particular individual. Can this be done? If so what is the
best way of doing this?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Redirect-individual-Document-folder-ftopict551937.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749138

GerryA wrote:
> I know how to configure Group Policy to allow redirection of My
> Document folders but I do not wish all users folders to be redirected,
> just one particular individual. Can this be done? If so what is the
> best way of doing this?

Go to their desktop. Right click on the my documents folder and change
the path it points to.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

Yes it's actually the easiest way, or you have to create a group policy that
applies only to the particular user by modify the ACL on the group policy to
allow read and apply policy rights, only to this particular user account,
and remove apply policy right for Authenticated Users.
--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTED EMAIL"
<mike-newsgroup@-DELETETHISPART-.upcraft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> GerryA wrote:
>> I know how to configure Group Policy to allow redirection of My
>> Document folders but I do not wish all users folders to be redirected,
>> just one particular individual. Can this be done? If so what is the
>> best way of doing this?
>>

> Go to their desktop. Right click on the my documents folder and change
> the path it points to.
>

> --
> WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
> Please remove the -deletethispart-. section before replying directly.
> Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

You could also add the user to a group and filter GPO application by that
group. 2003 lets you determine who policies are applied to via WMI scripts
to which you may find useful