dcpromo /forceremoval

hi

i remove my 2000 server by using command dcpromo /forceremoval, it
successfully removed my active directory, now when i am trying to promot the
same system as new domain controller, i am facing a problem as i am not
getting active directory user nor active computer device in administrator
tools.
please help me out to resolve this problem
4 answers Last reply
More about dcpromo forceremoval

    "" wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i remove my 2000 server by using command dcpromo
    > /forceremoval, it
    > successfully removed my active directory, now when i am trying
    > to promot the
    > same system as new domain controller, i am facing a problem as
    > i am not
    > getting active directory user nor active computer device in
    > administrator
    > tools.
    > please help me out to resolve this problem

    If you only use DCPROMO the DC will get demoted and if all goes well
    the metadata of the DC will get cleaned.

    If you use DCPROMO /FORCEREMOVAL the DC will get demoted but the
    metadata will not be cleanup by the DCPROMO process. You need to do
    this manually!
    See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498
    http://www.petri.co.il/fix_unsuccessful_demotion.htm
    http://www.petri.co.il/delete_failed_dcs_from_ad.htm

    Cheers,

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-dcpromo-forceremoval-ftopict552492.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751818

    Hi

    Use the ntdsutil to clean up the metadata of the earlier AD.

    Then try promote the menber server again

    regards

    "dcpromo /forceremoval error's" wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > i remove my 2000 server by using command dcpromo /forceremoval, it
    > successfully removed my active directory, now when i am trying to promot the
    > same system as new domain controller, i am facing a problem as i am not
    > getting active directory user nor active computer device in administrator
    > tools.
    > please help me out to resolve this problem

    hi
    i did metadata cleanup, while trying to promoto the server i am getting one
    more error like "the following error occured while shortcuts to the active
    directory administrative tools was being updated:
    the windows installer service could not be accessed. contact your support
    personal to verify that the windows installer service is properly registered."

    how to get my server working without formating

    help please

    "Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > hi
    > >
    > > i remove my 2000 server by using command dcpromo
    > > /forceremoval, it
    > > successfully removed my active directory, now when i am trying
    > > to promot the
    > > same system as new domain controller, i am facing a problem as
    > > i am not
    > > getting active directory user nor active computer device in
    > > administrator
    > > tools.
    > > please help me out to resolve this problem
    >
    > If you only use DCPROMO the DC will get demoted and if all goes well
    > the metadata of the DC will get cleaned.
    >
    > If you use DCPROMO /FORCEREMOVAL the DC will get demoted but the
    > metadata will not be cleanup by the DCPROMO process. You need to do
    > this manually!
    > See:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498
    > http://www.petri.co.il/fix_unsuccessful_demotion.htm
    > http://www.petri.co.il/delete_failed_dcs_from_ad.htm
    >
    > Cheers,

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-dcpromo-forceremoval-ftopict552492.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751818

    After you promote the server and you are getting the error regarding MMCs you
    can reinstall them by running adminpack.msi which I believe is located in the
    I386 folder on your media

    "dcpromo /forceremoval error's" wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > i remove my 2000 server by using command dcpromo /forceremoval, it
    > successfully removed my active directory, now when i am trying to promot the
    > same system as new domain controller, i am facing a problem as i am not
    > getting active directory user nor active computer device in administrator
    > tools.
    > please help me out to resolve this problem

Active Directory Microsoft Domain Controller Command Prompt Windows